CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here I come!!!!!

Where are the pistons? crossbow's Avatar

Mazda 6s

Nah...I'm just bored at work and use google alot.

2002 Protege5

For Antoine, dude sorry about not getting the price info to you - i've been busy as hell will try this week, car's finally coming in.

I have questions for you guys here...

I purchased a Mazdaspeed seat for the driver side and now I have an extra "regular" Atenza/6 power seats with airbags. Would anyone want that, including international sihpping and what not? Don't know what to do with it and don't have space here to store it. Seat - I don't know what value it would have - these are probably the same as the ones in the US...

Also, Mazda damaged the rear bumper during shipment, so they sent a replacement. My dealer's gonna chuck the damaged one. It's still all in one piece, and the damage is not great, with some putty to level out the scratch, and repainting, it would look brand new. Anyone want it? Again, you'll have to pay for the international shipping, but it's a great chance to get a JDM bumper... For the bumper, I'm willing to charge nothing for it, but will need reimbursement on the shipping.

Let me know on suggestions on what to do with these items folks....
    Last edited by MadBiker; 04-10-2005 at 09:58 PM.
    '02 Midnight Blue MP5 (updated 10/12/2010)
    5 spd, Moonroof, Chrome 16" OEM Wheels, Roofracks Off
    Interior / Stereo: Clarion HDD Navigation System, Mazda Logo Seatbelt Pads, Door Chime Off
    Exterior: Front Mask, Rfracks Off, Rally Twin Edge Wipers, Louder Horn, Rust and Blisters on hood and various scrathes and dents (hahaha)
    Engine: AWR Motor & Transmission Mounts, Corksport Shifter Bushings
    => Beastification Underway!!!

'05 Atenza Sport 23S (updated 10/12/2010)
    5 spd, Red, Sunroof, HID lamps, 6 CD Bose Stereo, DVD Navigation System,
    Atenza Sport Yellow Accent Floormats, Mazda Yellow Seatbelt Pads, Mazdaspeed Seat (Driver Side), 18" Work Emotion Kai Wheels
    pics here => /forum/showthread.php?t=101142&page=2&pp=15)

'98 Mazda Familia (Updated 10/12/2010)
    1.5L Red Auto w/Sport Body Kit, Clarion HDD Navigation System, Door Chime Off, 15" Monza R v.III Wheels w/Duraluminum Nuts, Eurotone Horn

Mazda 3 & RX-8

Quote Originally Posted by crossbow
    Nah...I'm just bored at work and use google alot.
    Haha, they pay you to do nothing, you're lucky!

2002 Protege5

OK Guys, got my Atenza Sport 23S. Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!! Smooth and quiet, a kitty compared to the WRX wagons I've driven.... will try to post pics sometime this week!!

p.s. anyone interested in a JDM rear bumper??? I have one I can send, but you'll have to pay for shipping, nothing else (damaged bumper but repairable).

and any ideas on what to do with my extra driver side OEM seat? (I bought a Mazdaspeed seat....)
    Last edited by MadBiker; 04-11-2005 at 08:38 PM.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2013 BGM Chevy Cruze ECO, 2005 SWP Subaru Legacy GT

Ok authentic atenza=RHD right? Heres an opportunity for you(U.S.) to have power passenger seat Have a friend who did this in his RX-7 but can't tell you the full detail of what needs to be done for it to work on the 6.

IIRC the AWD N/A 6 is european wagon
    2013 Black Granite Metallic Chevy Cruze Eco 6MT (DD)
    2005 Satin White Pearl Subaru Legacy GT (Project)
    2003 Lapis Blue Metallic Mazda 6i (Traded In)

Mazda 3 & RX-8

Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

wow I forgot about this thread! We do need picts!

oh..forgot to respond to this...
    you get nav over there in japan.. if you ever sell the car, I've got first dibs on it.

with that said.. good luck!!
    It will be a real custom job cause the shifter is reverse for them...shifter sits on the left side of console and the e brake is on right. You can go even farther and do a full RHD conversion! If I ever get stationed in japan I'm going junk yard hunting!
    Last edited by Da 6; 04-29-2005 at 06:09 PM.

2002 Protege5

Pics uploaded finally

yeah sorry guys, japanese company that i work for makes me work 90 hour weeks... well maybe not 90 but feels like it, not much time for mazda forum unfortunately...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MadBiker; 05-07-2005 at 12:08 PM.

2002 Protege5

More pics

Shifter is actually kinda far from the right hand side. It seems Mazda built them for the US, not for Japan. Manual transmissions are not as popular in Japan as they once were....

If any of you guys want pics of a particular portion of the JDM Atenza Sport, let me know and I'll be happy to oblige!
    Attached Images Attached Images

loving the interior and tails! You have the hatch lid rattle issues?

2002 Protege5

Hi Da6
    Hatch lid rattle? Haven't noticed any rattling... yet. I have noticed that there seems to be quite a bit of noise from the wheel well (passenger side = left side in Japan) when going through puddles in the street in/after the rain.

also the cd changer got stuck, need to get it unstuck. but the navigation came in handy on the Tokyo City Highway (Shutoko Battle, anyone?) in my drive up to Chiba from Shiga.

p.s. there's also a dial to change the HID beam angle (4 settings) to prevent shining the bright lights into oncoming traffic when you have luggage in the back (heavy luggage tilts the car) which is kinda cool and necessary in japan.
    Last edited by MadBiker; 05-07-2005 at 12:21 PM.

Founder

Blog Entries
    Sweet 6 Mad...What line of work are you in? Let me know if you ever swing by the Kansai area! Any mods planned?

Do you have the 6 cd changer or single cd/mp3 player?

2002 Protege5

Antoine, you don't take the train that derailed, do you? that was a terrible tragedy...

The only time I would swing by your area is when I hit Costco's in Amagasaki.... I'm not in sales or anything but do engineering support for Daifuku, a materials handling and transport systems/equipment manufacturer.

Sorry about the pricing info, will try to get that in soon, now that I posted pics...

Da6, mp3 players are slow to take on in Japan, MD players are the mainstream now for the moment (but the iPod is changing things really fast), so I have the 6cd changer plus a good 'ol cassette deck.

yep sounds like the typical 6cd changer. Take to dealer and pray they send the CD's back in working order.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast