Go grandma!

Matthew

Contributor
:
CX9, CX5, i8
Young at Heart

DANVILLE, W. Va. (AP) A 78-year-old woman faces drug charges and authorities are searching for her 72-year-old boyfriend after police said they found more than a pound of marijuana stashed in a freezer on her property.

State police arrested Mollie Williams last week after responding to a dispute between her granddaughter and the granddaughter's husband, who reportedly were arguing over drugs.

Police learned the man allegedly had bought marijuana from Williams, State Police Cpl. Larry O'Bryan said Monday.

Armed with a search warrant and a drug-sniffing dog, troopers went to Williams' residence near Danville. The dog led troopers to a freezer in an outbuilding where the marijuana, worth an estimated $4,000, was hidden under frozen meat and other food, O'Bryan said.

Williams was jailed and later released on $15,000 bond.

Her live-in boyfriend, Jack White, who was recovering from heart bypass surgery, was given the opportunity to turn himself in but failed to do so, authorities said. He remained at large Monday.

"They appear to be the typical grandma and grandpa individuals; however, they sell marijuana," O'Bryan said.

Wow...isn't it great to know that our tax paying dollars are being used to hunt down grandma and grandpa for having weed?

As much as I love law enforcement, and am trying to get back into it...this kind of thing just makes me laugh. I really can think of better things to do than toss granny in jail.

Matthew said:
yea all 4 pounds of it
you can't get 4 lbs of marijuana for $4000. they just said it was over a pound. while not knowing WVA prices I would imagine that it wasn't more than 2 lbs. all of which hinges on the quality and such (smoke)

p.s. no I don't smoke, never have, never will (stupid promises :D ) but that doesn't mean I have to be ignorant about it either

btw: does anyone else find it hilarious to have a mental image of a 72 year old man driving a beatup buick century yelling out in a bad movie voice "you'll never catch me coppers!" then his teeth fall out? maybe its just me (rofl)

so, the bail and fines... wil help pay for the search of the person who's supposed to pay up.. it sorta contradicts itself once you realize that its a cycle...

Back