Roof Rack Delete

:
83 RX-7 Gsl, 2000 Mazda Protege LX, 2011 Mazda3 Sport i
Anyone got some measurements for the inserts? I plan on making some of my own since I have access to a 3D printer.

Anyone got some measurements for the inserts? I plan on making some of my own since I have access to a 3D printer.

Great idea. Lets us know how it works out. I have a P5 missing one of two deletes and would like a replacement. The parts manual gives these parts details (attached) but no dimensions. Perhaps the part numbers can lead you to a source with dimensions. IMG_1139.JPG

So the part numbers are:

B25H-51-T12B (passenger front)
B25H-51-T16B (passenger rear)
B25H-51-T22B (drivers front)
B25H-51-T26B (drivers rear)

Last edited:
I would think the time spent on the CAD drawing to feed to the printer would be more trouble than its worth to spend a few bucks and just buy the inserts.

OR you could make it super easy on yourself... it comes in a variety of colors just pick the one that matches your car.
1200px-Duct-tape.jpg

I would think the time spent on the CAD drawing to feed to the printer would be more trouble than its worth to spend a few bucks and just buy the inserts.

OR you could make it super easy on yourself... it comes in a variety of colors just pick the one that matches your car.
1200px-Duct-tape.jpg

Idk how much trouble it is for you, but I can whip something together pretty quick. If someone would just give me measurements or even a broken one I could measure.

Oh, fillers.........deletes are the narrow steel strips - 2 pcs. I just took my fillers off and put the crossbars back on so I could measure the 4 pcs of plastic that fill the crossbar holes...............

These things...

Filler strips and deletes... (I think ??)

The plastic piece in the middle of the pic.

It's my only one left on the parts car.
I glued them onto my daily driver. (the damn things fall off otherwise)

I'll bet you've got a market for those if you can print off enough of them...

I could print the filler strips but the deletes look way too big since I can only print within 7in cubed.

Anyone got some measurements for the inserts? ...

How's this...

If you make the backside flat you could sell them with two face tape pre-applied..
Just peel and stick em on.

PS,.. All four deletes or inserts or whatever they're called are the same...

I believe the parts manual lists four separate ones. ??

I took another picture showing how the "deletes??" clip in from the backside...
Those tabs tend to rot or loosen then the deletes fly off.

I say skip the tabs and make it flat with two face tape on it.

Way easier and quicker to print... And a lot less fitment issues.

... If someone would just give me measurements or even a broken one I could measure.

I will mail you mine if you PayPal me six Canadian bucks to buy me three Canadian tall beers.. That should cover shipping...

Assuming of course that this is indeed the part you want to copy,.. ??

I still don't know if you're trying to delete the holes in the filler strips or fill the holes on the delete strips. ???

PM me if you're interested...

I have a 2002 p5 that has a stock rack on it but I wanted it off. I assumed the strips from the stock rack stayed in place but I now know there are 2 pieces! Still interested in the filler caps!

I have a 2002 p5 that has a stock rack on it but I wanted it off. I assumed the strips from the stock rack stayed in place but I now know there are 2 pieces! Still interested in the filler caps!
I have deletes and calipers. What measurements were you looking for ?
766f30e4e8984c98354759737947f7bc.jpg

Lol well I want the inserts measured since the deletes are too big! If you could give me every measurement that would be hella helpful!

Back