2019 CX-9 feature list

unixxus

Mazda just released the feature list for the 2019 CX-9 which will be rolling into dealerships between this month and September. Key new features and updates are listed below

- Android Auto/Apple Carplay
- Retuned suspension
- Thicker headliner and floor mats
- 360 surround view monitor
- Available 7-inch Digital gauge cluster display
- ventilated front seats
- Power-folding door mirrors
- SiriusXM Travel Link Services for live traffic updates

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2019-mazda-cx-9-introduces-new-features-and-refinements-300692061.html

These are solid features to add. Should make the car even more competitive. Hopefully they will use a better rear camera than that used in the Mazda 6!

Is it weird that, knowing that the 2018's will get CarPlay retrofitted soon, the one thing on this list I want the most are the power folding mirrors? I'd assume that those mirrors ALSO then sync to seat memory, right? Don't they overseas?

I guess I'd probably use the ventilated seats occasionally - maybe more often than the heated seats - but either way in Oakland the days where it's above 80 or below 60 are few and far between.

OMG OMG OMG, ooo i might just wait to get the '19 GT or Signature, def seems like it is worth the wait.

These are solid features to add. Should make the car even more competitive. Hopefully they will use a better rear camera than that used in the Mazda 6!

Yeah, I hope for the 2019 CX-9 they've improved on what was in the 2018 Mazda6. Not sure if the low resolution image issue is software or hardware related.

coming from a 2016 GT, this seems like a worthy upgrade

If you're one to trade up every 3 years, it's definitely has lots of improvements to justify. And these are on top of numerous upgrades that the '18 got.

From a financial standpoint, it's always a hit to buy new every three years but that's all up to the person to decide. The 1st 3 years is when value tumbles the most so staying in the cycle is very costly.

Great upgrades. Personally I won't be moving from my 18 to a 19 since all I really want are power folding mirrors, but this should make the CX-9 a much stronger competitor than it already is.

If you're one to trade up every 3 years, it's definitely has lots of improvements to justify. And these are on top of numerous upgrades that the '18 got.

From a financial standpoint, it's always a hit to buy new every three years but that's all up to the person to decide. The 1st 3 years is when value tumbles the most so staying in the cycle is very costly.

This is true. But the 19 has everything I want in a car and wouldnt need to upgrade for several years. Ever since I got the 16 I knew eventually the lack of front parking sensors, folding mirror and ventilated seat would make me upgrade to something else.

God I hope they don't screw-up the perfect suspension of the 2018 models!

(My 2014 CX-9 rode much too hard for me - my 2018 has just the right amount of damping to control that harshness and yet keep the responsiveness)

I really want the cooled seats. I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade our 18?

That would be cost prohibitive and almost impossible to do. Will most likely require new seats, wiring and update to the climate control system. You'd be better off trading in for the 2019.

It may take a while, years? We keep cars for at least ten years. I will be on the lookout for a wrecked one to swap parts out of eventually. Lots of research before purchasing anything.

Does anyone have an idea of how much of a hit it would be to upgrade from a '16 to a '19? Are we talking 5-10K?

After looking at the tft gauge cluster in the '18 Mazda6 it seems that this isn't that big of a deal in my opinion. The speedometer readings and needle look exactly the same as the 2018 CX-9 and the look of that can't be changed from what I can see. Only difference is that now it's a electronic display instead of a normal cluster.

Also, the information provide in the middle of new tft cluster is the same info (and same look too) that's given on the small screen on the right side gauge cluster in the 2018 model.

... Essentially they just moved the info to the middle and made the mph readings and needle digital. If it's like the 18 Mazda6, like they claim, then that's it. Wish they would have offered to put a digital speedo, navigation from carplay/AA, music info, etc.

Does anyone have an idea of how much of a hit it would be to upgrade from a '16 to a '19? Are we talking 5-10K?

KBB and NADA still doesn't provide values for CX-9 3 1/2 years for some reason. I feel like contacting them to ask why.

Looking at listings on Autotrader, 2016 Signatures look to be averaging around $33K retail. Which means a trade in would be thousands less. So roughly, you'd be looking at trading in at around $15K less than you paid.

Back