Entertainment system on with engine off?

:
CX-9
Is there a way to kill the engine, but keep the audio system on? For example, if you're in the middle of a call/song/etc that you'd like to continue?

Basically, is there an equivalent of half-key rotation? :)

Is there a way to kill the engine, but keep the audio system on? For example, if you're in the middle of a call/song/etc that you'd like to continue?

There is in the twist to start 2015 backward. Just twist back a notch.

Most push to start have a tap to turn the electrical systems on and push to start. Though that may result in a cycle of

Engine on > All off > Electrical on.

If yours has automatic transmission - kill the engine with the gear selector in neutral instead of park. This definitely works on the UK model with the start button. I'm sure I read that there's a way to do it with manual transmission too but I can't remember the details.

Edit... Sorry I didn't notice your question refers to a CX-9, my answer relates to a CX-5. It's still worth a try tho.

Last edited:
Just like HS said above for an automatic, turn your car off with the gear selector in anything but park. Even when you now move to park the ignition stays on.

Another thing I love about the 2015 models, no push button. I listened to music while cleaning the truck today.

Another thing I love about the 2015 models, no push button. I listened to music while cleaning the truck today.
Huh, but you've just been told how to do it in the 2016+

Another thing I love about my flip phone it has real buttons not a touch screen.

Just like HS said above for an automatic, turn your car off with the gear selector in anything but park. Even when you now move to park the ignition stays on.
Or you can keep pressing the lock-release button on the shift stick after you shifted into the Park while turning the engine off. Once you release the button with engine off in the Park, the infotainment system is kept on.

This is the complete workflow of the Start button.

Attachments

• Start Button.JPG
    Start Button.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 295
Back