Engine Oil Light On & Off when restarts

:
2016 cx-9 signature
Still have 1k4 till my next service, and just noticed the Engine Oil Light went on for a bit since last night. It went off when restart the car, and will appear again after 3-4 miles.

IS that something I should worry about and do the service right now? Or should I just go purchase 5W30 engine oil and fill something in myself.

BTW,

the Key Fob battery changed a little over a year
and Brakes squeaks when applied at low speed...

Any clues? Thanks.

Thank you for the reply, the oil level is low, so I did an oil change nearby my work, don't wanna risk another 1k4 miles till service
You may want to also check for any signs of leaking, because the oil level should not get so low that it trips the sensor in between regular oil changes. The reason the light would turn off and on is likely due to the oil level changing as the car warms up and also as you drive (making the oil slosh around).

Agree, the oil level should not drop...was it correctly filled at the last oil change?

Always check the oil on the dipstick after an oil change. Some Iffy Lube places don't change the oil at all, or don't bother filling it correctly. The oil needs to be clear as water and very close to the upper line on the dipstick after the oil & filter change. If the oil is so clear that you need to lay a paper towel alongside the horizontally held dip stick to find the oil level, that's good.

You get what you inspect, not what you expect.

Pull it out. Wipe it off. Put it in all the way, pull it out, hold it horizontally, laying on a paper towel. The paper will absorb the oil and show where the upper line of the oil is on the dipstick.

Back