What did you trade-in for your '17 or '18?

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
Mazda is supposedly going after a new demographic with the new CX-5. (Especially in Grand Touring trim) Just curious what others traded in for their CX-5.
I traded in a '13 Volvo S60 Platinum.

Traded in a 2016 touring cx5 for a 2017 GT. Night and day difference between those two models. If I had a 2016 GT I would not have done the trade but Im completely in love with the 17

2016 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler Edition with 27k miles. This is my first Mazda ever so I guess I qualify as a new demographic.

BMW 320i E91, with only 50000Km on the meter but lots of problems with the spark plug and coils, all changed at least twice while I had the car. Good riddance to rubbish German Engineering!

Cx5 was a new car. I had
A 2001 Corolla 130k miles when bought.
A 07 Scion tC 84k when bought
A 13 Corolla 15k miles when bought.
I was going to buy a 15 Murano S certified but rear ended someone on way to dealer and never bothered.

Ya'll can pry my Gen1 CX-5 from my cold, dead hands.

Didn't trade in anything when I bought it new. Dealer only offered $500 for my old Jeep Grand Cherokee at 300k miles, so didn't do that.

Replaced my 2006 Ford Fusion with a 2017 GT. Didn't trade it in, gave the old car to my parents.

Traded in implies it had value...it was more like "dump it and run". A 2007 Chrysler Pacifica with 160K miles, a cracked windshield, two crumpled front quarter panels, defunct video system, had a habit of not shifting out of 1st...the list goes on and on. I got $300. I did get $500 loyalty bonus because the 2002 626 (that all four of my kids used for their driver's test) had not yet been donated to charity...literally hours before they towed it away. All I needed was a pic of the registration.

2016 Jetta GLI w/manual transmission. LOVED that car but needed an automatic (wife won't drive stick) with more room for emergencies. Wife drives the car designated for the kids though...2017 4 Runner Limited.

BMW 320i E91, with only 50000Km on the meter but lots of problems with the spark plug and coils, all changed at least twice while I had the car. Good riddance to rubbish German Engineering!

Were you the original owner?

I’ve had BMWs for over a decade. Not a single issue. I didn’t skimp on maintenance and even changed the oil more often than recommended.

Back