Cx-9 armrest swap

fortune730

:
2008 Mazda Cx-9
Does anybody know if the Single door style armrest on the 2008 is swappable with the Dual style door on the 2010+? At first glance is looks like in can be swapped by changing A few parts. One way to tell is by comparing the dealer armrest and center console parts list. Does anybody know?

Thanks

Does anybody know if the Single door style armrest on the 2008 is swappable with the Dual style door on the 2010+? At first glance is looks like in can be swapped by changing A few parts. One way to tell is by comparing the dealer armrest and center console parts list. Does anybody know?

Thanks

The center console part numbers all changed between 2008 and 2010. There are a few carryover parts, but not many.

Frankly, I'm not sure it's worth doing. Mazda wants around $300 for the setup. I have a 2010, and the center console is one of the areas I wish was better executed. For one, the padding in the doors is junk - we are on our second set after having one set replaced under warranty, and the foam is compressed to zero thickness (again). Secondly, it rattles and squeaks enough that I find myself driving around with my arm on there to quiet it down as much as I am using it to be comfortable.

If you want to do this, I'd find a junkyard, pull the two doors and the frame piece they attach to, and see if you can make it work.

Back