Has anyone installed the side storage nets?

Raistlin

:
2019 CX-9 Touring w/ Premium
Didnt realize the install involves removing a lot of panels and drilling into some of them. Just looking for someone who as done it to see how it was.

I like the idea of having the nets for the cubbies.

I bought a pair of hook-and-loop cargo nets off of Aliexpress for less than $6 I think. They don't look nearly as nice as the OEM ones, but they work.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC05270.JPG
    DSC05270.JPG
    177.4 KB · Views: 692
The OEM side storage nets are nice, and very easy to install. The side panels just pop off and the holes are for the net hooks. This allows everything to be completely recessed in the side storage areas.

Yes, vertically. 2019 has the upper hooks.

Interesting. I don't think my 2018 Sig has those hooks, but there are reviews for the product that state that the net fits on the 2017 and 2018 models (but not the 2016). I wonder if the upper hooks are not included on the Canadian models.

My 2018 GT does have those upper hooks and I have the larger vertical cargo net BUT the net will not attached to those hooks by default: The net end is also a hook. I've used a really strong rubber bands (or a women's pony tail holder will work) as an attachment point between the net hooks and the upper hooks. Works perfectly.

I think I figured out why I don't have the hooks, and I feel kind of stupid about it, lol. When I bought my CX-9, I worked a bunch of dealer-installed accessories into the deal. One of these accessories was the cargo cover. Those upper hooks have to be uninstalled and replaced with the "catches" for the cargo cover. Essentially, you can use the cargo cover, or you can use a vertical cargo net, but you can't use both at the same time. Mystery solved, lol.

I think I figured out why I don't have the hooks, and I feel kind of stupid about it, lol. When I bought my CX-9, I worked a bunch of dealer-installed accessories into the deal. One of these accessories was the cargo cover. Those upper hooks have to be uninstalled and replaced with the "catches" for the cargo cover. Essentially, you can use the cargo cover, or you can use a vertical cargo net, but you can't use both at the same time. Mystery solved, lol.

It is quite interesting that you cannot use a cargo cover simultaneously with a vertical cargo net. I would have imagined that they would have engineered a hook with the cargo net catches to make everything functional.

Question on this net, what does this help secure or help stop from moving around. I understand what the regular cargo net does by covering things laying flat but this one I*m not sure what it*s use would be for.

It keeps stuff from rolling out of the trunk when you open the liftgate. Stuff like baseballs or basketballs, or if a few 2L bottles fell over during the drive home from the grocery store.

Question on this net, what does this help secure or help stop from moving around. I understand what the regular cargo net does by covering things laying flat but this one I*m not sure what it*s use would be for.

I put smaller groceries there or other stuff to prevent from moving in the trunk. Extra water bottles, etc.

I put smaller groceries there or other stuff to prevent from moving in the trunk. Extra water bottles, etc.

Got to use my net yesterday to do the same thing. Worked great with the pony tail holders: Three bags of loaded groceries and nothing moved around/fell over.

I just got these off of eBay for $5.50 w tax. Hopefully they stick well. Trying to look for a cargo cover now (in beige) that is not at a dealer price lol.

Back