Interest in FRP OE lips and FRP Fog Delete panels...

dorkidori_s13

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey all,

I run a brand called DorkiDori AutoCouture (some of you MIGHT remember me selling Mazdaspeed shirts on here back in 2010). I started replicating hard to find old school aero parts for the S13 and S14 back in 2013 (I ONLY replicate discontinued pieces). Well, I was curious if any of you would be interested in me making replicas of the OE MSP lip and OE Fog Delete inserts out of FRP. My parts are all hand laid and super flexible. My reputation for quality fitment, quality of finish and durability in the S-Chassis scene is pretty much untouched by my competitors! Would you guys be interested in a few FRP parts from me?

This is not a for sale post in any way whatsoever! I am just gauging on whether or not I should invest a few grand into molds for my newly found community that I enjoy being part of :)

Last edited:
Already have lips and deletes..........what I would be interested in would be the rear bumper diffuser piece that fills in under the car from edge of bumper in towards the rear suspension. Someone teased us with making them awhile back but sales never really materialized.

This........
cache.php

I sure some would be interested in some type of hatch spoilers or maybe custom radio bezel or grills

Front C West Canard/Lip

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/sho...eplica-Canard&highlight=protege+5+rear+canard

Last edited:
Already have lips and deletes..........what I would be interested in would be the rear bumper diffuser piece that fills in under the car from edge of bumper in towards the rear suspension. Someone teased us with making them awhile back but sales never really materialized.

ummmmmmmmmk, i appreciate the input/request... but TOTALLY not what i was asking about

Can you elaborate on how this is so TOTALLY in left field? Not seeing how this is so different than making lips and stuff other than it being on back of the car. Is it because there is nothing to make a mold from?

It's just that diffusers would be easy for anyone to make. Especially since one for our car would be completely flat.

What I am dying for is an isport wing extension. But may be in for an msp lip depending on price, even though I already have a DG lip. I'm sure the community would love to have some more msp lips in circulation though.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

So easy you never hardly see them............there was a better one than in the pic above that went all the way across and was not just flat metal like that one. Couldn't find the thread...

I had plans to make just a flat one with no fins that went all the way across. Made a super nice template out of cardboard, took an hour or so, then my cat destroyed it, bringing the process to a halt.

Can you elaborate on how this is so TOTALLY in left field? Not seeing how this is so different than making lips and stuff other than it being on back of the car. Is it because there is nothing to make a mold from?

because MSP lips and fog deletes are still in demand... diffuses arent something that a ton of folks run on their cars. not hating on your idea, just not what i was asking if people were interested in

because MSP lips and fog deletes are still in demand... diffuses arent something that a ton of folks run on their cars. not hating on your idea, just not what i was asking if people were interested in

I'd be interested in a diffuser...just saying.

Maybe what you should do is make a GB thread, and put a vote in there maybe? That way you can gauge interest in various parts, then go from there.

OK, only lips and deletes it is since that is all that's being asked about......2 MSP lips - cut & uncut, check.....2 deletes, check. Guess I'm covered. Good luck with the project.

Last edited:
dont get all butt hurt man... i wanna make a few parts that sell well and help me establish a good name in the Protege world. its not as easy as you think. when a brand that is relatively unknown in one particular car group comes along, it takes a while to establish a reputation. im well known in the s-chassis world for producing quality replicas of parts that are long discontinued (i spend a lot of time refitting and restoring the parts prior to molding as well to make sure fitment is close to OE as possible), and i thought it might be neat to offer a few initial bits to the Protege world that would make accessing the MSP lip and fog deletes much easier seeing as both are getting harder to come by, especially the fog deletes since it seems they werent very plentiful to begin with.

keep in mind that my bread and butter are my s-chassis parts so i have to make sure those guys are taken care of. i have a small mountain of S13 and S14 parts at home that still need molding, so the Protege bits are just something i will do as a side project for the time being. i MAY consider having the fog deletes produced in polyurethane seeing as there are little clips and tabs that need to be kept in place which is difficult to do with FRP parts.

Not a bit butt hurt. You said making parts and asked about ideas. I gave you one. You scoffed at the idea. I said OK and good luck with project. You now have another thread here asking about the diffuser I was tryin to tell you about. Does this mean you're now considering making some? That'd be great. I started a waiting list in the other thread. And for the record, I know what you're facing to do this kind of stuff so try not assuming.l am at a place where your time is worth my money to have one.

https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123859864-What-diffuser-is-this

Last edited:
i've been tryin. i know that car and that maybe a handful at most if that ever came about. thinkin they steeped out on the price and it kinda died. i was waitng then too and thread went dark. i'll do some more searchin in the a.m. but not sure how much stuff is still around. older stuff kinda spotty.

Was the user who was going to make the diffusers Cholland or some name like that? If so, I remember that. But I think those were different than the one shifujay had. That one looks like one for a subaru.

Yes that's right, there was one from cholland that looked a bit better than that one in the pic on the red car I posted and went all the way across and around the muffler and the one in pic above was off some other car. I'm gonna look for Subaru diffuser and see if I can find it..........

BRZ

4041395.jpg

Different one I saw someone on here had put on sedan..........

th

Another Subie one....seems there are many different ones for Subies

F-HTA-difhatch08_03_1024x1024.jpg

2015-wrx-ht-autos-rear-diffuser.jpg

Last edited:
This might be easier to work with and adapt to our cars but the full coverage ones look better to me...............

IMG_0627__04111.1367920181.1280.1280.jpg

SubieSpeed and Voltex comes up a lot going thru pics for Subaru Diffuser in Google............

Last edited:
Back