Speed3 Valve cover on a 5 ??

Jdmellor28

:
2007 Mazda5
Has anyone put the aluminium speed3 valve cover onto a N/A 2.3 to get rid of the plastic one?
The filler cap is in a different location but looks pretty much the same otherwise ?
Thoughts ?

8a24b9b1.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

Attachments

• 3 vc.jpg
    3 vc.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 590
  • speed vc.jpg
    speed vc.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 525
A quick search on rock auto shows a few matching part numbers for valve cover gaskets... And photos look promising .

Subscribed, love the idea!

I had to replace my VC gasket and tightening the bolts across the plastic cover made me question the rigidity of it with every turn of the wrench.
Even if it's fine, I hate the fact that it's plastic.

Hmm... looks like a deal breaker unless one wanted to invest in getting it filled and machined.

BTW, the embedded image is broken for me. I had to right-click and open in a new window to see it.

Sorry, I'm late to this party, but you don't have a cam-driven HPFP and that will be a problem.

Edit: Well, you've found out yourself already.

Edit, edit: I see something in your picture I want- I want your PTP pill that you probably didn't even know you had.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm late to this party, but you don't have a cam-driven HPFP and that will be a problem.

Edit: Well, you've found out yourself already.

Edit, edit: I see something in your picture I want- I want your PTP pill that you probably didn't even know you had.

You are correct ! I didn't know I had it. But it sounds like something I should hang onto for when I do waste too much time fitting this valve cover to my 5.
Unless its worth a ridiculous amount of money ? (naughty)

Back