Hud adjustments

Ssteigss10

:
2019 CX-9 GT Machine Grey
It has been covered that you cannot shut the HUD off permanantly. It comes back on each time you restart car. But does it save the other settings? I have adjusted the display lower and sometimes its fine next drive. Other times its back to default middle setting.same with brightness.

I think it responds to which key fob unlocks the car. If memory serves (don't count on that) the position is like the memory seat. It'll return to the setting from the keyfob in use when it was set.

Only time I've notice it reset is each firmware update with dealer visits.

I think it responds to which key fob unlocks the car. If memory serves (don't count on that) the position is like the memory seat. It'll return to the setting from the keyfob in use when it was set.
Bingo that worked. TY!

Are you saying the seat memory also changes with each keyfob, or only the HUD?

On a slightly different note, my early take on the HUD is it will not be something all that functional for me... I do most all daytime driving with prescription polarized sunglasses, and the HUD cannot be seen thru polarized lenses; it disappears. Even after increasing the brightness it is only intermittently and barely visible. On a positive note, Shakedown Cruise starts tomorrow with 2 week trip to Kitty Hawk NC; we are really looking forward to the new ride after 12 years in the CX-7.

Yes, the HUD position is tied to the seat position memory. Set your seat and HUD positions and then save to the fob. When you unlock the CX-9 with you fob (either manually or through proximity) both the seat and HUD will change to your settings.

My wife also noticed the HUD display getting much dimmer with polarized sunglasses. I typically don't wear polarized sunglasses so it hasn't been an issue for me. The bad news is that it seems to get harder all the time to find non-polarized sunglasses.

Interesting... I have magnetic clip-on polarized sun glasses for my prescription glasses... I know they're polarized because they passed the 90 degree blackout test... and while they significantly attenuate the HUD brightness due to there opacity the display is still visible... I notice little, if any change, as I move or tilt my head...

A previous car of mine had HUD and my last one had tint that was sensitive to polarized lenses. I also notice the CX-9 HUD being much dimmer with polarized sunglasses and much prefer the brightness when using non-polarized glasses, especially since I live in the very bright desert.

I also find that it gets more difficult as time goes on to find non-polarized sunglasses.

Back