Here I come!!!!!

MadBiker

Luv my MP5!
:
2002 Protege5
This is it!! I'm getting a zoomzoom 6 here in JPN. WhootWhoot!!! Will be a red manual w/sunroof (too bad sunroof only comes with Bose stereo and DVD navigation)! Delivery is in about 3 weeks.

Wish me luck guys and gals!!

MadBiker said:
This is it!! I'm getting a zoomzoom 6 here in JPN. WhootWhoot!!! Will be a red manual w/sunroof (too bad sunroof only comes with Bose stereo and DVD navigation)! Delivery is in about 3 weeks.

Wish me luck guys and gals!!

Suuuuuugoi :D

SAY WHAT!!!...Congrats dude?...This came out of nowhere...How much was the final price? Are you leasing or financing? Post pics when get your baby!

you get nav over there in japan.. if you ever sell the car, I've got first dibs on it.

with that said.. good luck!! (yippy)

seanmcsean said:
you get nav over there in japan.. if you ever sell the car, I've got first dibs on it.

with that said.. good luck!! (yippy)

right-hand driving.... must be some different...

Congrats my friend, but why ''too bad it comes with the Bose...''?

Cat,

Jdm 6's are lighter, have cleaner body lines, actual sidemarkers, and 18 more bhp then the US/Canada spec 6i's.

crossbow said:
Cat,

Jdm 6's are lighter, have cleaner body lines, actual sidemarkers, and 18 more bhp then the US/Canada spec 6i's.

why are we getting screwed? it's not like we're asking for it, no?

CatD399 said:
why are we getting screwed? it's not like we're asking for it, no?

Is that because of U.S./NA regulations (saftey, emmisions etc) or just domestic Vs international model differences?

you might be right on emissions antoine, that would settle the power. but how does increasing the weight increase safety?? at any given speed a heavier car has more inertia and packs more punch during a collision....

what about the V6 in all this?...

Oversea's doesn't get the V6...but they also get HID and NAV packages, as well as an AWD Wagon. The AWD system from the european 6 wagon is the system used in the MPS...which is also why its watercooled for reliability reasons...I'd imagine it would explode otherwise since the wagon's only got like 120 ft/lbs of torque, and the MPS 6 is pushing 280-300.

If you look at photos of JDM 6's, they don't have the jutting out rear, and the front is smoother, as their different safety reg's allow for a different front bumper design.

The extra power comes from higher compression (10.7:1 vs 9.7:1), and the fact the car runs on premium.

Hey everybody thanks for the info. I didn't realize there were differences between the US and JPN versions. Although premium gas is recommended, the dealer says that it will run on regular gas but with loss in performance. I don't know about the AWD version - unless it's referring to the MZSpd6.

CadD399,
As for the Navi and Bose, I didnt want them but to get the sunroof I had no choice, and that added like about US$3,000 to the price. They don't have a leather seat option either (the car market is soooo different than in the US), so I'm seriously thinking about ordering a set from the US. Any pros and cons on that?

My driver seat will be a Mazdaspeed seat though.

Antoine,
yeah, well I had a really sweet Red '97 WRX Wagon with sunroof (no mods, it was stock!) but it got wrecked by an idiot (I've probably mentioned this in this forum before). The replacement white WRX wagon that I got just didn't cut it - Tein suspension was way too tight and the Oz wheels required very expensive rubber. And it was white (ugghhhh! too many white and silver cars here!!!). I didn't feel like spending money on it at all. So I decided to get a sweet red Atenza. Too bad they don't have Blazing Copper Metallic. I asked for it but Mazda said no. Otherwise I woulda had the only Blazing Copper Metallic Atenza in Japan!

I'll post price and other info later, the battery on my laptop needs recharging...

but thanks everyone, i'll post pics!!

Personally i love my leather seats! especially with the heat on 'em... as for the color i guess if you're willing to make a paintjob, someone around here could give you the code..... you're garantied to turn heads!

Madbiker,

Always follow the recommended octane levels. Whether its 87, or 93, they're recommended for a reason. Putting in less octane then recommended can cause knock, which results in retarted timing, and can also cause pings and detonation. Not a good thing.

If you put higher octane then recommended, you can reduce the combustion efficency leaving unburnt fuel in the exhaust, causing deposits on the valves, and reducing both power, mileage, and catalytic converter longevity.

Crossbow, thank you very much for the info. With the high gasoline costs in Japan,it is tempting to give into feeding my soon-to-be sweetheart inferior gas, but I wasn't really planning on it :)

btw, how do you know so much about the Japan version of the 6? Where do you get your info?

For Antoine, dude sorry about not getting the price info to you - i've been busy as hell will try this week, car's finally coming in.

I have questions for you guys here...

I purchased a Mazdaspeed seat for the driver side and now I have an extra "regular" Atenza/6 power seats with airbags. Would anyone want that, including international sihpping and what not? Don't know what to do with it and don't have space here to store it. Seat - I don't know what value it would have - these are probably the same as the ones in the US...

Also, Mazda damaged the rear bumper during shipment, so they sent a replacement. My dealer's gonna chuck the damaged one. It's still all in one piece, and the damage is not great, with some putty to level out the scratch, and repainting, it would look brand new. Anyone want it? Again, you'll have to pay for the international shipping, but it's a great chance to get a JDM bumper... For the bumper, I'm willing to charge nothing for it, but will need reimbursement on the shipping.

Let me know on suggestions on what to do with these items folks....

Last edited:
OK Guys, got my Atenza Sport 23S. Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!!! Smooth and quiet, a kitty compared to the WRX wagons I've driven.... will try to post pics sometime this week!!

p.s. anyone interested in a JDM rear bumper??? I have one I can send, but you'll have to pay for shipping, nothing else (damaged bumper but repairable).

and any ideas on what to do with my extra driver side OEM seat? (I bought a Mazdaspeed seat....)

Last edited:
Ok authentic atenza=RHD right? Heres an opportunity for you(U.S.) to have power passenger seat :) Have a friend who did this in his RX-7 but can't tell you the full detail of what needs to be done for it to work on the 6.

IIRC the AWD N/A 6 is european wagon :)

Back