Swapped Front Door Speakers - Top Door Trim Issue

Soulred959

:
2016.5 CX-5
Hello Everyone!

I swapped out the front door speakers in my 2016.5 CX-5 yesterday but when I put the door panels back on I noticed that the top of the door panels are far away from the interior side of the windows. I tried taking the panel back out and getting the rubber seal to go over the metal part of the door but I could not get the seal to go over the metal and the door seems to naturally want to rest in the position that it is currently in(far from the window). The gap is large enough for my finger to fit through.

I am wondering if the gap was always like this or if i have to do something to make sure that the top part of the door panel is closer to the window before snapping the rivets back into the metal.

Hello Everyone!

I swapped out the front door speakers in my 2016.5 CX-5 yesterday but when I put the door panels back on I noticed that the top of the door panels are far away from the interior side of the windows. I tried taking the panel back out and getting the rubber seal to go over the metal part of the door but I could not get the seal to go over the metal and the door seems to naturally want to rest in the position that it is currently in(far from the window). The gap is large enough for my finger to fit through.

I am wondering if the gap was always like this or if i have to do something to make sure that the top part of the door panel is closer to the window before snapping the rivets back into the metal.

You are correct in your wondering about the sequence.

You must slide and lower the upper trim of the door panel into the window channel gap while pressing the trim against the glass to seat the upper door panel against the window. Once the upper trim is in position then you can place the rest of the trim panel against the door, line up everything, and start pushing the plastic snaps back in.

Last edited:
Back