2018 Mazda6 non-turbo aftermarket air intake questions

:
Mazda 6 iTouring 6MT
Has anyone installed an aftermarket air intake for their non turbo Mazda6? I know Mazda did some tweaking on the 2.5 for 2018. K&N confirmed their SRI for 2014-2017 mazda6 works with the 2018 but corksport cannot confirm. I'm thinking about installing my old corksport SRI just to see if any codes will appear but wanted to see if anyone else on here attempted it first.

** update ** installed the CorkSport 2.5 intake for the 2014-17 Mazda 6, no codes upon start up or driving around the neighborhood. As of now Id say its safe to use for anyone wanting to upgrade their intake on their 2018 6

How does it drive regarding heat soak? I have a 2018 6 with CorkSports SRI, but was waiting to install it until CorkSport releases the cold air box for the 2018.

How does it drive regarding heat soak? I have a 2018 6 with CorkSports SRI, but was waiting to install it until CorkSport releases the cold air box for the 2018.

I don't notice much of a difference honestly and I barely drive past 4k RPMS but no codes and steady throttle. I was wondering about the airbox as well, I feel like it would fit the engine compartment since it looks identical to my previous 6 but corksport will not confirm unless someone tries it out on their own or they get a non turbo 6 to mess around with. As of right now, all their focus is on the turbo version so it may be awhile until some NA 6 parts come out.

Back