2003 Mazda 6 Tranny Nightmare

icekillah

:
2003 mazda 6
I thought i would Clarify not Tranny as a cross-dresser Tranny as a Transmission. :) Short story is a mechanic installed a "new/working" Tranny into my 2003 Mazda 6. It does not drive right at all! Reverse works properly and shifts smoothly. Drive is a different story, From a cold start you need to keep it at 3k-4k rpms for 2 minutes before it will even start to go forward, after it starts moving it can be driven around with moderate confidence that it will not "slip". The mechanic had a hard time reinstalling the Shifter cable, but the proper gears light up on the dashboard when the gear shifter changes gears, so i dont think its a cable issue. I am getting A/T codes for "Incorrect gear ratio" on gears 1,2 and 3. The mechanic never mentioned anything about installing a new TCM or Transmission computer. Is it possible he installed a different style of transmission that my stock TCM cant control? Any thoughts or insights will help greatly. Has anyone done a Tranny swap and knows the procedure, or what components need to be adjusted/swapped for this job to be successful?

Back