WingsWest grills done! (pics)

Volley2six said:
What kind of wheels are those??? I love them!

Motegi MR7. They are off now though, back on the garaged DSM.

jaytee said:
how did you attach the mesh grill onto the dgm grill?

I cut the DGM mesh out of it, and then cut and bent a similar piece of the WW mesh. Fiberglass epoxy is what I used to actually attatch it.

New Pics:

I touched up the bends in the lower grill yesterday, and cut out the 3 bars behind it. I also went ahead and cut out the tabs at the corners for mounting the stock grill. That and the RH's really make it look a lot better IMO. I'll post some more pics soon.

Attachments

• hart'sback.jpg
    hart'sback.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
More Pics:

:)

Attachments

• hart'sback2.jpg
    hart'sback2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 118
  • hart'sback3.jpg
    hart'sback3.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 102
  • hart'sback4.jpg
    hart'sback4.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 111
I personally don't really like mesh... but that still looks really good. Good job.

Thanks guys.:) With how often I change things on this car, I'll probably end up painting the grills somewhere down the road.:D

I'm still not sure, but I like it for now.

Dude. Thats waaaaay tooo nice.... its exactly the same look as the prototype MSP that was in production... Now raise the power to 200 WHP, get MazdaSpeed racing seats and take it to the track!!!

How much did the hood cost??? Was it a GB for the hood or did you pay full price at WingsWest??? God damn that looks great... also are the MR-7 Gunmetal 17" or 18"???

Sushi-Monster said:
Dude. Thats waaaaay tooo nice.... its exactly the same look as the prototype MSP that was in production... Now raise the power to 200 WHP, get MazdaSpeed racing seats and take it to the track!!!

How much did the hood cost??? Was it a GB for the hood or did you pay full price at WingsWest??? God damn that looks great... also are the MR-7 Gunmetal 17" or 18"???

Thanks man, but 200whp??? Pretty sure I'm pushing more than that at 14psi.(rockon) I got the hood from my local shop for about 550 shipped. The MR-7's are 17's, but check out my latest pics on this page... they are off now and the hart's are back on.:D

Volley2six said:
Why are the rims off?? You selling???????????? Where did you pick those rims up?

Nah, not selling man. I never planned to keep them on for very long, it was just a winter thing. They are back on the DSM in my garage. I got the wheels from my local speed shop for my other car last year.

505zoom said:
haha, thanks man... I've got a few more on the way right now too.:D

No I didn't paint the car, the black mica sort of changes color depending on the lighting (as does the spicy and the titanium).
505zoom says when he's done with my car, he's going to start on mine .. right? LoL

Seriously though it looks great.

SenorCorwin said:
how did you attach the lower grill

Not that easy, but looks great when you're done.

1) Trace the stock grill on to a piece of paper, and then on to the mesh.
2) Cut out the new piece, about an inch outside the line that was traced.
3) Bend the edges to about 90 degrees (on the traced line) all the way around, forming a lip. (This is the hardest part)
4) Then, carefully put the new grill in the air-dam (it is very easy to scratch the paint here).
5) After it is in there how you want, go around to the backside of the grill and you can bend the excess mesh around the edge of the air-dam with some pliers or a screwdriver. This will fasten it in there.

SenorCorwin said:
yea i know but im going to have to take the lip off and the grill. big pain in the ass
why the lip? just take off the bumper and the grill... it took us about 5 minutes to get mine off when putting on my FMIC

SenorCorwin said:
yea i know but im going to have to take the lip off and the grill. big pain in the ass

If you are worried about that, I would not try doing this. Taking off the bumper is nothing compared to bending that piece correctly.

Back