2014 CX-5 Need lower mounting screw for factory nav radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

truav8r

:
2014 CX-5 Sport AWD
I just replaced the factory head unit in our 2014 CX-5 Sport (technically the “nav” head unit, but without the actual nav hardware installed) with a new Boss unit compatible with CarPlay. Much to my surprise, everything seems to be working well! Only catch…. as I was putting the dash and everything back together, I dropped the screw for the lower bracket that supports the radio somewhere in the dash, probably never to be found again. Not a huge deal, since the new head unit is much lighter than the factory unit, and the two upper screws are probably enough to keep everything in place. But in a perfect world, I’d like to get a replacement screw from Lowe’s, so I just need the specs on this screw first. I know it had a hex head, 10mm, but I don’t know the thread size/width. I did a few google searches for part diagrams but couldn’t come up with the right screw. Anyone know the details on the screw I’m talking about? This is the screw that helps support the factory radio on the bottom bracket.

To find the original screw?? Ain’t happening. It’s buried deep in the dash, never to be found again. Like I said, I really just need the specs on the original screw so I can go get a replacement at Lowe’s.

It's nothing special. I think it's probably something like an M4 or M5 sheet metal screw 10mm long.

Do yourself a favor and just get a small assortment of screws and then just pick one that fits.

If I asked this question on the VW TDI forums, I’d get DoD-level specs and schematics thrown at me with more info than I’d ever want. Here, I get various combinations of “ahh don’t worry about it” or “just buy a bunch of screws and see what works”. 😂

If I asked this question on the VW TDI forums, I’d get DoD-level specs and schematics thrown at me with more info than I’d ever want. Here, I get various combinations of “ahh don’t worry about it” or “just buy a bunch of screws and see what works”. 😂
We have that here as well it just doesn’t happen in every thread…Have you tried searching our many existing threads? Perhaps people have posted related schematics here in the past…🙂

If it was that simple, that’s exactly what I’d do. But the lower screw that I lost is unique and unlike the other two upper screws that I still have. I’m not overthinking this at all. I’m just getting a lot of middle school level pushback here. Thanks for the non-answer anyway.

If it was that simple, that’s exactly what I’d do. But the lower screw that I lost is unique and unlike the other two upper screws that I still have. I’m not overthinking this at all. I’m just getting a lot of middle school level pushback here. Thanks for the non-answer anyway.

If you think that you had 'middle school level pushback' before, after answering this way, just wait till you ask the next question...

I’m shaking in my boots.

Another non answer. Anyone else want to banter instead of answering my question?? Look at all the replies in this thread, not a single one can be taken as being helpful. See ya!!

Attachments

• well bye.gif
    well bye.gif
    539.7 KB · Views: 18
First of all, I would like to thank the community as always for trying to help.

Thanks as well to truav8r for providing an excellent example of how not to interact with the community.

Insulting others, being condescending is not only unproductive, it’s a violation of Site Rules and will not be tolerated.

Consider this a final warning and know that such behavior will result in being permanently banned.

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back