Bought a CPO Mazda CX-9 and vibration at highway speeds

I was excited to purchase a 2021 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring in our first choice color combo. So bought this from a dealer 2 hours away from me. Unfortunately, on the drive back from the dealership on highway started noticing vibrations on highway on speeds 65+ mph and got more noticeable at 80 mph. I thought it would probably be wheel balancing issue , so got the tires Road Force wheel balanced near my home. The vibrations have reduced but still not gone.
I took it to a Mazda dealer near my home, who after finding out that they I didn't buy the vehicle from them, completely rejected that there is any vibrations and kept saying this is how it's supposed to feel and that you will feel the road. And I kept saying that I understand road feel but I am referring to vibrations in the body, seat, and steering. You can't visibly see it vibrate but feel it. They suggested to go back to the original dealership.
What else can I do? As much as I like the vehicle, this is turning out to be a big headache.

Last edited:
i had that issue and it was the passenger side caliper , it had lost the rings around the pistons
it cause the brakes to sometimes stick to the rotor, i went ahead and had the front calipers rotors and brakes done, all i good now. hope this works

i had that issue and it was the passenger side caliper , it had lost the rings around the pistons
it cause the brakes to sometimes stick to the rotor, i went ahead and had the front calipers rotors and brakes done, all i good now. hope this works
So you probably had vibrations when braking?

How long ago did you buy it and was it from a Mazda dealer? Is the vehicle covered by the official Mazda CPO warranty?

Just bought my CX -9 two weeks ago. Yes covered under Mazda CPO warranty.
Then your local Mazda is obligated to fix the problem. Take it back, talk to the GM if you have to. Both take a ride in a used CPO they have on the lot and then ride in yours to confirm the difference. Once I had a vibration that turned out to be a bad tire but if you have the original Falkens, I doubt thats the case. I got 30k out of mine with no problems. Keep us posted.

Then your local Mazda is obligated to fix the problem. Take it back, talk to the GM if you have to. Both take a ride in a used CPO they have on the lot and then ride in yours to confirm the difference. Once I had a vibration that turned out to be a bad tire but if you have the original Falkens, I doubt thats the case. I got 30k out of mine with no problems. Keep us posted.
i will try to talk to higher ups at my local dealership. I had a VW passat before this, never had issues with issues under CPO even though the car was almost 1/3 of the cx-9 price. Anyways, I digress. For whats its worth , when i took the car for roadforce (at another local place, not a dealer), they said I'd need tires soon like around fall time or 24 K miles max because to them it seemed like the tires were never rotated, and worn out unevenly, so they rotated and put the better ones in the front. Its a shame on Mazda so called 160 point inspection, because its part of their checklist to rotate it if needed but they never did.

Back