CX-5 Engine Cover Turbo Badges

ACSCX5

Two 2021 CX-5 GTR, one Blue, one Red
We bought two brand new 2021 CX-5 GTR Turbos three years ago. One Red, one Blue. I had both hoods up yesterday checking the oils as I’ve done many times, but for the first time since we’ve owned these cars, I noticed that the badge on each engine cover is different. One says “SKYACTIV-G” the other says “SKYACTIV-G TURBO”. Not a big deal to most people, I’m sure, but my OCD kicks in and I’d like them both to say Turbo. I’m sure there’s a few of you out there that get that! I’ll swing by the Mazda parts/service department one of these days and ask about it. Maybe they have a “Turbo” badge they can sell me.

I’m not looking for solutions. I’m just sharing an interesting observation with other Mazda enthusiasts.
IMG_7392.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7391.jpeg
    IMG_7391.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Well your OCD couldn't be too bad if it took you three years to notice this! I'd just chalk it up to supply chain idiosyncrasies and move on.

Or...

I just checked my 2021 Signature; no Turbo emblem on mine either. Maybe they had supply-chain issues with the turbo badges🤣

The strange thing is if you go to the link for the engine cover- they show the Mazda emblem as a separate item for $12.65. They don't show the Skyactive badge though.

Back