2007~2015 CX-9 TCS and ABS Light Issue

acolic

:
2007 CX9 Touring
Hi

I had an intermittent issue where the ABS and TCS light would come on.

The car would drive fine with the lights on.

In the last week they have stayed on. I checked no codes.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Appreciate it.

Alex

I would also scan for codes. Could be a bad sensor.

Also, check brake fluid level.
My wife's old CX9 had something similar and she was low on brake fluid. Topped it off and all lights went off.

I would also scan for codes. Could be a bad sensor.

Also, check brake fluid level.
My wife's old CX9 had something similar and she was low on brake fluid. Topped it off and all lights went off.
Hi

Appreciate the advice. I topped off the fluids and no change.

But while driving the car yesterday, I hit a pothole, then it sounded like an electrical short then my stereo rebooted, then the warning lights were off.

Then I hit another pothole, another electrical Short, then the warning lights were back on.

Fortunately, I hit another pothole and the lights are off at this point

If they go back on, I’m going to pull the stereo fuse see if they go off. . Maybe there is an electrical short in the stereo system.

Thanks

You need to put a good scanner on it when the lights are lit to see what the codes say. The scanner should also tell you which wheel is affected if it is a sensor. I haven't done one on a mazda, but did on a kia. It was possible to just change the sensor but it was easier to change the entire wheel hub.
Can you do it? Depends on your comfort and ability to work on vehicles. Search for videos on wheel sensors or hubs.
But first, you need to see if that is the problem. And yes, it could have been low brake fluid as that has been know to trigger those 2 warning lights.

Thanks

I do have access to a better reader.

As soon as the lights show up again, I will use that reader.

If it’s a matter of changing wheel hub, no issues, done that a lot.

Back