2016 and up CX-5 Service Manual

That link appears to be for the diesel version, KF, right?

I don't see how to select a different year and/or model.

Did you click on the link at all or try to expand the engine section? It is not just a diesel engine.

I did follow the link and sniffed around there a bit. The reason I mentioned the diesel is that at the top of the page it says, CX-5 (KF). KF is diesel, right?

No, KF Second Generation 2018 - present including 2.0 2.5 and diesel engines.
KE 2012-2017
The year of introduction depends on the world region but anyway it's in car VIN number.

Found this in the engine specs section. Apparently there's almost an extra quart of oil floating around in there. Just to show you can't drain all the oil out during a change. I didn't think it would be that much.​
Engine oil capacity [SKYACTIV-G 2.5] (approx. quantity)​
Oil replacement: 4.3 L {4.5 US qt, 3.8 lmp qt}
Oil and oil filter replacement: 4.5 L {4.8 US qt, 4.0 lmp qt}
Total (dry engine): 5.4 L {5.7 US qt, 4.8 lmp qt}​

Hi,

I just completed a full engine replacement in my CX-9 2.5t (my post in CX-9 forum) and while looking for torque specs I found a service manual for the CX-5

here is a link https://mazdamanuals.com.au/wsm-secure/WSM/D9K4-1A-21B_Ver13/

Enjoy!!!!
First off, thank you for posting this! The information is formatted differently than what I'm familiar with, but it definitely seems very complete and accurate, and has some sections that I didn't previously have.

This appears to be driven by an Australian right-to-repair law, similar to what some of our states have here in the USA. When I look at the high level site, it appears that there's a mandatory registration, subscription, and a fee required to access the newer manuals. So do you know how all of this is being made available to anyone, with no need to log in to an account? And the more important question, will this site be suddenly yanked away, when an admin of that resource realizes that free access to manuals is happening?

Here is what I see in my '15 FSM

Screenshot 2024-02-23 at 10.46.48 AM.png

I always let my oil drain out as much as possible, sometimes overnite. Usually I put in a whole 5qt jug.

So we are supposed to change the fuel filter every three years? I never heard of that. I hope the dealers don't hear about it.

Australia may have different maintenance requirements. It could be due to the environmental conditions, the quality of the local fuel, etc.

Perhaps other markets outside of the US have an inline fuel filter (I’ve seen this with Toyota/Lexus)… but US CX-5s just have the sock in the tank… wouldn’t bother

First off, thank you for posting this! The information is formatted differently than what I'm familiar with, but it definitely seems very complete and accurate, and has some sections that I didn't previously have.

This appears to be driven by an Australian right-to-repair law, similar to what some of our states have here in the USA. When I look at the high level site, it appears that there's a mandatory registration, subscription, and a fee required to access the newer manuals. So do you know how all of this is being made available to anyone, with no need to log in to an account? And the more important question, will this site be suddenly yanked away, when an admin of that resource realizes that free access to manuals is happening?
The information is available online, their server is open, and anyone can access it. I'm not sure how to answer your questions.... ;)
I'm not sure if you are aware, but the Mazda manual requires an IE as a browser. Once you allow MS Edge to open the link as IE, it gives you access to everything on the left drop-down menu.
Here is the link to the procedure—bottom of the page.

here is for everyone
Mazda 2

Mazda2 (dj/DL)

Mazda3/Mazda3 MPS (BK)

Mazda3 (BL)

mazda3 (BM)

Mazda3 (BM/BN)

Mazda3 (BP)

Mazda6 (GJ)

Mazda6 (GJ/GL)

Mazda6 (GG/GY)

Mazda6 (GH)

Mazda cx-3 (DK)

Mazda cx-30(DM)

Mazda cx-5

Mazda cx-5 (KE)

Mazda cx-5 (KF)

Mazda Cx-8(KG)

Mazda Cx-9(TB)

Mazda Cx-9(TC)

Mazda BT-50 (UN)

Mazda BT-50 (UP)

Mazda BT-50 (TF)

Perhaps other markets outside of the US have an inline fuel filter (I’ve seen this with Toyota/Lexus)… but US CX-5s just have the sock in the tank… wouldn’t bother

they dont. Thats likely for the diesel which do have filters as maintenance part.

here is for everyone
Mazda 2

Mazda2 (dj/DL)

Mazda3/Mazda3 MPS (BK)

Mazda3 (BL)

mazda3 (BM)

Mazda3 (BM/BN)

Mazda3 (BP)

Mazda6 (GJ)

Mazda6 (GJ/GL)

Mazda6 (GG/GY)

Mazda6 (GH)

Mazda cx-3 (DK)

Mazda cx-30(DM)

Mazda cx-5

Mazda cx-5 (KE)

Mazda cx-5 (KF)

Mazda Cx-8(KG)

Mazda Cx-9(TB)

Mazda Cx-9(TC)

Mazda BT-50 (UN)

Mazda BT-50 (UP)

Mazda BT-50 (TF)

No MX-5?

The information is available online, their server is open, and anyone can access it. I'm not sure how to answer your questions.... ;)
I'm not sure if you are aware, but the Mazda manual requires an IE as a browser. Once you allow MS Edge to open the link as IE, it gives you access to everything on the left drop-down menu.
Here is the link to the procedure—bottom of the page.
I did follow the link at the bottom that you mentioned. After I filled in vehicle and year, the app then gave a message asking to either register or log in, if already registered. And there was also information about the fee for various subscription options.

So, unless I'm missing something, anyone coming into this manual server at the high level would need to be a paid subscriber in order to be able to access the manuals. And, if that's correct, then the links that you have posted are somehow bypassing the requirement to register. I'm not trying to be critical of what you've provided here - very appreciative of what you did! My question is about this registration bypass perhaps being yanked away with no forewarning, if an admin of this manual service becomes aware of the free access being made available to non-subscribers.

Back