CX-70 will have same exterior dimensions as CX-90

Yeah I saw that. Deep Crystal Blue with Tan Nappa Leather was my preferred option. Having to go with black interior is not a deal breaker, but another negative to the CX-70 compared to other options. SMH
This was from a Mazda Canada dealer and US options may be different

Not having any spy shots or camouflaged shots makes me the most nervous. CX90 we at least saw glimpses leading up to the reveal, but nothing with this one. Which again makes me wonder if it’s so similar to the CX90 there was nothing to hide in the first place.

Not having any spy shots or camouflaged shots makes me the most nervous. CX90 we at least saw glimpses leading up to the reveal, but nothing with this one. Which again makes me wonder if it’s so similar to the CX90 there was nothing to hide in the first place.
I keeps seeing stuff like this which is at least better than a 2nd CX-90
1705970316213.png

1705970407485.png

If it's the same size as a CX90 and only the rear seats are gone - may as well wait for one of the models to tank in sales and buy that one on a deal because they won't sell at the same rate.

This is the 2024 CX-5 (the #1 selling Mazda that still probably outsells all other models combined) in the U.S. Market. How far off of this script is the CX-70 likely to go?

View attachment 325405

View attachment 325406
Very. New platform (RWD), different size class, CX-5 is previous design language, current CX5 is not a hybrid in the NA Market while the the CX-70 will be...only thing similar will be the M badge on the front and rear. Apples to Oranges comparison.

Most likely scenario is a CX-60 clone, but slightly bigger. This is what the CX-90 was. Same powertrain and same structure but slightly bigger.

1706201954050.jpeg

1706202110649.jpeg

Least likely is an off-road oriented look, like they took with the CX-50 (mimicking the Honda path with the passport) but with the CX-90 drivetrain. I prefer the look of the CX-50, but this would be all new sheet metal and parts for america only. This scenario is very unlikely and I don’t think this will happen.

1706202192036.jpeg

Most likely scenario is a CX-60 clone, but slightly bigger. This is what the CX-90 was. Same powertrain and same structure but slightly bigger.

View attachment 325409
View attachment 325410
Least likely is an off-road oriented look, like they took with the CX-50 (mimicking the Honda path with the passport) but with the CX-90 drivetrain. I prefer the look of the CX-50, but this would be all new sheet metal and parts for america only. This scenario is very unlikely and I don’t think this will happen.

View attachment 325411
That grey CX60 is very very nice.

The off-road version of the CX-90 is more likely than I think you are giving the idea credit for. New bumpers are a given, so why not style them more rugged and market it like they did/are doing for the CX50 and go after that market?

The off-road version of the CX-90 is more likely than I think you are giving the idea credit for.
I didn’t want to get my hopes up ;) But i think the dealers that say they have seen a photo on reddit would have mentioned a more rugged look. We will see in a few days.

I don't like the scoops on the front of the CX-60, but otherwise that's pretty much the car I want.

I'm mostly happy with the size of my CX-5 and definitely don't want something as big as a CX-90. I don't even need bigger than 60. But I really want the plugin hybrid and an added bonus would be more towing capacity.

I don't like the scoops on the front of the CX-60, but otherwise that's pretty much the car I want.

I'm mostly happy with the size of my CX-5 and definitely don't want something as big as a CX-90. I don't even need bigger than 60. But I really want the plugin hybrid and an added bonus would be more towing capacity.
I don't want to derail this thread but just saying that towing capacities are all over the place... The new 2024 Crosstrek Wilderness with a 182HP engine can tow 3500 pounds while the Murano with a 260HP V6 can only tow 1500! There is also a version of the RAV4 that can tow 3500 but none of the models I described are plugin hybrids. I don't need to tow anything but just curious to know what the CX-70 can pull vs a CX-5 and a CX-90. Only a few days left before we find out :unsure:

I would think towing capacity is mostly dependent on torque and brakes rather than HP.
A flat torque curve would benefit a lot more for towing than one that just peaks at 5.8k rpm.

Back