Vibration while turning right and applying power

I have a 2016 CX5 AWD that also has the drivetrain vibration when turning right and accelerating. I noticed the vibration after about 5000 k. I bought the vehicle new in the winter. This vibration is much more noticeable on dry roads and can easily go undetected when driving on ice and snow because the acceleration is slower. When I took it to the dealer they were very familiar with the problem and said it is common with the CX5. In the fall of 2016 they were waiting for Mazda Canada to provide advice for a fix. Since then they have tried to fix the problem on many local CX5s but haven't had a lot of luck getting rid of the vibration. The service manager (Gary) cautioned me against trying to get it fixed as some of the vehicles they have worked on are worse than they were before. The vibration on my Mazda is not getting worse and I am scared to let them tear it apart as the problem could get worse. Whenever I take the CX5 in for service I make sure they document the vibration problem in hopes that if the drivetrain ever fails Mazda will fix it for free. I have 30000 Km on it now and have no other problems, except poor heating on very cold winter days. I live in Saskatoon Sk., Canada

I have a 2016 CX5 AWD that also has the drivetrain vibration when turning right and accelerating. I noticed the vibration after about 5000 k. I bought the vehicle new in the winter. This vibration is much more noticeable on dry roads and can easily go undetected when driving on ice and snow because the acceleration is slower. When I took it to the dealer they were very familiar with the problem and said it is common with the CX5. In the fall of 2016 they were waiting for Mazda Canada to provide advice for a fix. Since then they have tried to fix the problem on many local CX5s but haven't had a lot of luck getting rid of the vibration. The service manager (Gary) cautioned me against trying to get it fixed as some of the vehicles they have worked on are worse than they were before. The vibration on my Mazda is not getting worse and I am scared to let them tear it apart as the problem could get worse. Whenever I take the CX5 in for service I make sure they document the vibration problem in hopes that if the drivetrain ever fails Mazda will fix it for free. I have 30000 Km on it now and have no other problems, except poor heating on very cold winter days. I live in Saskatoon Sk., Canada

At least they were upfront with you. In my case they didn't make any comments and went straight to focus on wheels and balancing issues, even though it didn't make a lot of sense to me, since balancing problem should show up under power or without power. I am reading comments from other people and the idea of having the issue fixed and having to deal with it again later on makes me feel like it was a big mistake to purchase this car. I am given the option to exchange it for another one on the lot, but it seems like a systematic issue.

Just an update on my 2016 CX-5. The dealer replaced both front axles and inner joints and I drove it on the highway this morning. It appears that the vibration is gone.
The service rep explained that they applied a bulletin the addresses wear on these parts and the new parts have a special anti-wear coating that should resolve this premature wear issue. I certainly hope that will be the case.

Thanks for the information on the bulletin from Mazda. I will talk to the dealership about it next week when I take my CX-5 in for an oil change.

Just an update on my 2016 CX-5. The dealer replaced both front axles and inner joints and I drove it on the highway this morning. It appears that the vibration is gone.
The service rep explained that they applied a bulletin the addresses wear on these parts and the new parts have a special anti-wear coating that should resolve this premature wear issue. I certainly hope that will be the case.

Thank you for the update!

Back