Specs/Info on 2017 CX-9?

gnusman321

:
2012 Mazda3 5-Door
Hi all,

First time poster - thinking about switching out my hatch for a cx-9. I'm getting close, but I'm thinking I may want to hold out to see if they have made any tweaks for 2017.

Has Mazda released any information about the 2017 CX-9 (so, the 2nd model year of the new style) yet? If not, when can that be expected?

Thanks all!

i would expect heated steering wheel (since it is already available on Canada models). they might add the G-vectoring driving dynamics....i would be a bit surprised/impressed if they added ventilated seats.

Hi all,

First time poster - thinking about switching out my hatch for a cx-9. I'm getting close, but I'm thinking I may want to hold out to see if they have made any tweaks for 2017.

Has Mazda released any information about the 2017 CX-9 (so, the 2nd model year of the new style) yet? If not, when can that be expected?

Thanks all!

Here in Cda I already got access to the 2017 spec sheet from a dealer and based from the changes in '17 vs '16 actually was only the Smart city brake and auto dimm rearview mirrors becoming standard in the '17 GS and adding the Silver colour to the GT trim - nothing more so honestly I don't expect a lot of changes too for the US market..the G vectoring control could come in the 2018s though

Last edited:
Here in Cda I already got access to the 2017 spec sheet from a dealer and based from the changes in '17 vs '16 actually was only the Smart city brake and auto dimm mirrors becoming standard in the '17s - nothing more so honestly I don't expect a lot of changes too for the US market..the G vectoring control could come in the 2018s though

Interesting. I live in the Vancouver lower mainland area. Did the spec sheet reveal what the prices were for the different trim levels?

Interesting. I live in the Vancouver lower mainland area. Did the spec sheet reveal what the prices were for the different trim levels?

No unfortunately...there might be a slight price increase as most manufacturers do one every new model year

Jchris, just so you know I signed up for a 2017 Signature trim...luckily no price increase on the '17s...only drawback was that there were no deals/incentives and a slightly higher interest rate! The '16s are going to have more deals on them for sure and a lower int rate...

Jchris, just so you know I signed up for a 2017 Signature trim...luckily no price increase on the '17s...only drawback was that there were no deals/incentives and a slightly higher interest rate! The '16s are going to have more deals on them for sure and a lower int rate...

Thanks tekbis. When I was ready to pull the trigger back in September I had originally planned to get a GT in Machine Grey, (the only color I wanted) but no dealer had them in stock and I would have had to factory order, and wait for 2-3 months. Also, since I had a trade-in, the factory order would have complicated the deal - the dealer could have re-assessed the value of my trade when they got the car in (although of course they said they would not). The only models that dealers actually have in stock here in the GVRD are the base GS and the Signatures - the GS-L's and the GT's fly off the lots. So I decided to splurge and get a Signature in machine grey in early October, even though I didn't really need all the extra features and wasn't enamored with the "chroma brown" leather as they describe it here in Canada. But I am glad I did get the Signature; the chroma brown colour has grown on me and I enjoy the little extras such as the ambient lighting around the console; the interior just looks more lively and rich than it would with just black leather/black trim. Sure I might have gotten a better deal at year end for the Signature but I was happy enough with the modest discount plus the decent trade-in value that I received. The funny thing is that I have not seen any CX-9's whatsoever here in my neck of the woods. Of course the allocation to dealers here is much less than in the US (one dealer claimed that he got 2 CX9's every three months), but I would have expected at least one to cross my path by now.

Congrats on your purchase - you will love driving this vehicle. I suspected that Mazda wasn't going to add much in the way of features to the '17 model. I don't care about a panoramic roof, or ventilated seats which seem to be major complaints about the car. The only features that I wish it had are power-folding mirrors so I could park the car more easily into my garage, plus a 360 degree camera, again for ease of parking. IMHO these are way more valuable features for a big 3-row crossover to have. The only thing I would be concerned about with the '17 is the V59 software which your car may come with pre-loaded, depending on when it was built. From reading the other threads in this forum posted by 2016 owners who have had the V59 update, the V59 has certain bugs making the owners regret that they updated.

Thanks tekbis. When I was ready to pull the trigger back in September I had originally planned to get a GT in Machine Grey, (the only color I wanted) but no dealer had them in stock and I would have had to factory order, and wait for 2-3 months. Also, since I had a trade-in, the factory order would have complicated the deal - the dealer could have re-assessed the value of my trade when they got the car in (although of course they said they would not). The only models that dealers actually have in stock here in the GVRD are the base GS and the Signatures - the GS-L's and the GT's fly off the lots. So I decided to splurge and get a Signature in machine grey in early October, even though I didn't really need all the extra features and wasn't enamored with the "chroma brown" leather as they describe it here in Canada. But I am glad I did get the Signature; the chroma brown colour has grown on me and I enjoy the little extras such as the ambient lighting around the console; the interior just looks more lively and rich than it would with just black leather/black trim. Sure I might have gotten a better deal at year end for the Signature but I was happy enough with the modest discount plus the decent trade-in value that I received. The funny thing is that I have not seen any CX-9's whatsoever here in my neck of the woods. Of course the allocation to dealers here is much less than in the US (one dealer claimed that he got 2 CX9's every three months), but I would have expected at least one to cross my path by now.

Congrats on your purchase - you will love driving this vehicle. I suspected that Mazda wasn't going to add much in the way of features to the '17 model. I don't care about a panoramic roof, or ventilated seats which seem to be major complaints about the car. The only features that I wish it had are power-folding mirrors so I could park the car more easily into my garage, plus a 360 degree camera, again for ease of parking. IMHO these are way more valuable features for a big 3-row crossover to have. The only thing I would be concerned about with the '17 is the V59 software which your car may come with pre-loaded, depending on when it was built. From reading the other threads in this forum posted by 2016 owners who have had the V59 update, the V59 has certain bugs making the owners regret that they updated.

Good to know...hopefully it is not loaded with the V59 software but if it is then I guess we'll experience said bugs from time to time...mazda will definitely have to address this. The 2016 GT model we test drove overnight that dealer lent us in Dec was the previous version and we never encountered such bugs though it was only a 24hr test so too short of a use to tell the diff

On the 2017 model? Nope they didn't...maybe mid yr or likely 2018
Have they released the 2017 specs? Do you have a link? In some countries the US 2016 CX-9 is referred to as 2017, just want to make sure you're not referring to the same model.

On the 2017 model? Nope they didn't...maybe mid yr or likely 2018

Sorry, but you cannot base US-model changes on 2017 Canadian model changes. I'm from Toronto, but live in the US, and I also look at Canadian model differences against US models. Heck, Canada even has different model designations compared to US. Until Mazda USA releases official word on the 2017 CX-9 for the American market, all we can do is speculate but none of it is definitive.

Sorry, but you cannot base US-model changes on 2017 Canadian model changes. I'm from Toronto, but live in the US, and I also look at Canadian model differences against US models. Heck, Canada even has different model designations compared to US. Until Mazda USA releases official word on the 2017 CX-9 for the American market, all we can do is speculate but none of it is definitive.

Again I am only basing this on canadian 2017 specs so who knows what the final US specs would be...if i was to bet it would be very similar to Cda as well but i could be wrong

Again I am only basing this on canadian 2017 specs so who knows what the final US specs would be...if i was to bet it would be very similar to Cda as well but i could be wrong

In Mexico, for 2017:

Mazda add the Sport Trim version (not available in 2016).
There is NO signature version available (Only Sport and GT AWD)
GT 2016 is identical to GT 2017. no better specs, no changes, no upgrades, nothing new.
Price is 500USD higher compared with 2016 model

Have they released the 2017 specs? Do you have a link? In some countries the US 2016 CX-9 is referred to as 2017, just want to make sure you're not referring to the same model.

Attached are the 2017 Canadian specs...it was released late Nov 2016

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 148
  • image.png
    image.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 117
  • image.png
    image.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 108
  • image.png