What have you done to your P5 today?

Nope. Sorry, added hint after your post. Saw his looking for the pic I posted. It matches up to the base exactly and it was embossed with Protege5.

do they sell anything like that antenna anywhere today?what material is it made of?

today i sprayed rustoleum leak-seal into the windshield cowel after adding gobs of new seam sealer yesterday. I also opened both ends of the channel so nothing else (organic materials) will ever get stuck again- too bad its too late to save most of the floor pan.

This one is billet aluminum and kinda but not exactly...you can score an S2000 one or one for a cx-5 or 7 that are about the same length and will screw right in or the super stubby 2.5" one off ebay but they are plain shaped. I was looking at those then remembered I had the one like in the pic above stashed in my piles of parts boxes. Like looking for a needle in a haystack or finding easter eggs since I came across a bunch of stuff I had forgotten about while looking for the antenna.

I'll post up the pop quiz answer in the morning. That dude doesn't make or sell these anymore. Might luck out finding one used on parts pages on facebook or something tho.

^ will it help/hurt for radio signal vs OEM?? mine looks like a springy pen at this point. the rest of the car isn't much better off, but the antenna does bug me

I put it my new carbon fiber cupholders I've been cleaning them up/ making sure it's perfect. Tops it off with the radio bezel and armrest.
Thanks Jackie Chan.

Replaced the transmission mount. It was ready!

Mazda%20Transmission%20Mount_zpsbkyer9lf.jpg

Mazda_zps6j9pwq6e.jpg

No more vibration. Going strong at 269,265 miles...

Last edited:
Not today but over the weekend I figured I'd pull her up on ramps and swap out the dead fog light bulb on the DS. Easy enough DIY job until one of the effin screws on the housing stripped with the first crank of the screwdriver. I hate those damn things and was careful to not overtighten them when I installed the Silverstars four years ago. Going to try and drill it out at some point. Should that go terribly wrong I'll try to find a used pair (noticed the PS has a small hole in the lens and the bottom of the lens is full of dirt) or just get deletes. Or I'll trade / sell / part her out before the body gets worse.

Replaced the Nautilus horn with the stock horn and gave her a much needed bath.

How yellow are the mutekis? I wanted something close to the car color, that's why I ended up with these. They look good, don't get me wrong, they just don't seem like they will hold up

I fixed my ac and re did my carbon fiber radio bezel so it sits nicer. Looks a lot better and ac feeling great! All fan speeds work.

Attachments

• 20160718_143908.jpg
    20160718_143908.jpg
    519.9 KB · Views: 110
  • 20160718_143942.jpg
    20160718_143942.jpg
    564.7 KB · Views: 120
Back