DEPO Headlight Replacements

gino

:
'03 P5, '14 iTouring hatch, '04 Honda S2K
Any of you guys bought one of these for your P5?

Aftermarket headlights are more likely to leak and have moisture inside them, it is actually very common. But aside from that they should work fine, OEM lights are expensive for the P5, Depos are about half the price.

Depo is actually THE best aftermarket headlight manufacturer. One of my headlights is Depo (long story about a retrofit LOL), and I haven't had any issues with it.

I've had some for about 2 years now and the lens is starting to peel. Not that big of a deal since the OEM lights will do the same... I just need to do a headlight restore on them and they will be good as new. Other than that, no problems with them.

shop just replaced my drivers one with a depo its got an 8mm adjuster screw oem is 10mm it is new and lets in moisture but so did/do old ones (did, as passenger side is still oe part)

Any of you guys bought one of these for your P5?

IMG_20130524_174710.jpg

do not get depo, i repeat do not get depo, this one i have had for 3 days has been the biggest pain in the arse water like crazy where it shouldnt be, the low beam and turn signal do not seat 100% correctly, either gonna get shop to get me an oem one or give me credit to find a used oem part in good shape

Depo is actually THE best aftermarket headlight manufacturer. One of my headlights is Depo (long story about a retrofit LOL), and I haven't had any issues with it.
Any moisture probs?

Any moisture probs?

In my experience, no problems. We have hurricane season here and lots of rain during that period, but mostly sunny down south in Puerto Rico. No moisture inside. This is about a year after install, I've had them since Mar 2013. I would recommend them myself.

1794577_770897952938302_1381000492_n.jpg

my h7 lowbeam spins freely in the depo even with the clip pushed in, the clip is a pain to get to compared to oem(it has a different arch to it) the turn signal wont seat 100% either and it seems to be letting in water in bucket loads

my h7 lowbeam spins freely in the depo even with the clip pushed in, the clip is a pain to get to compared to oem(it has a different arch to it) the turn signal wont seat 100% either and it seems to be letting in water in bucket loads

Using an H7 HID adapter. The H7 bulbs for HID arent the same size as halogen.

either way the depo are cheap, and not capa certified. without capa certification they may not be of same quality as oem headlights

i may have gotten a bad one and on further research they lost their capa certification in 2013 but had it til 2012 on those lights so they must be making them cheaper now

Been running Depo lights for 6 years. Finally just replaced them due to headlight hazing with another set of Depos

But both sets are retrofitted with bixenon projectors. Been on the car a week now with no moisture issues, but it hasn't rained yet

and water issues could be a simple fix of baking the lights apart and placing good buytl sealant and closing the lights back up

Hey Ty, what's going on? I'll add that you can also bake them open and use auto window sealant. Stopped at a local guys house where we baked them open again, to clean the inside lens and he does retrofitting on the side and uses the window sealant. Worked great and I've had no moistures issues since re-sealing them.

As for Depo lights, I have no experience with them but have heard more good reviews about them than bad.

I pulled the replacement DEPO out that I bought (not replacing it immediately) and started checking it over. Pulled the high beam assembly out of the OEM unit in the '5 to see how it fit into the DEPO, which has a nylon or plastic twist plate for the bulb assembly instead of OEM metal. Unit wouldn't twist and lock as normal. Had to sand around the bulb base to get the fit. Seems the access hole in DEPO unit had flash left on plastic. Easier to sand the bulb assembly to fit than try to clear flash on mirrored reflector; if you try sanding hole to fit bulb unit dust gets inside lamp assembly and is a b**** to clean out.

Otherwise, so far, so good. However, haven't tried to install low beam in receptacle and close wire bale. Crossing fingers.

Back