What have you done to your P5 today?

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=50C06A9C62DCD437!782&authkey=!AICTZsPG7PGe0-M

Tighten your head bolts down and then do the 90 times 2 turns... Or you'll have a coolant and oil milkshake like me! :(

I hope to be picking up parts over break too. Then, the wait till march begins :) I wish I could drive her now, but, alas, no insurance in the snow is a no go.

I dont even have a car to drive in as my dads back in town! But that's good cause at least I get to see him, as much as we used to butt heads.

Anybody have any recommendations on where to grab some affordable struts for lowered '03 Protege5? (was using Tokico blues)

Be careful packing the snow in the bumper like that....I did it a few years ago driving around in the snow, and my radiator fan was running non stop when I got to where I was going. No airflow=easy way to overheat. even with the airflow being blocked by snow lol

Thanks to AusOrion, I now have probably the only Pacemaker header in the US :)

null-39.jpg

Bet you can not wait to get it in mate ;)

Last edited:
Be careful packing the snow in the bumper like that....I did it a few years ago driving around in the snow, and my radiator fan was running non stop when I got to where I was going. No airflow=easy way to overheat. even with the airflow being blocked by snow lol

No worries, that street was only 1/2 mile to my work... I cleared the snow away after I took the picture.

So, I went out this morning to start my car and scrape her off... after running for about 10 minutes, whilst scraping, I hear nothing. I look into the window and see that the car has completely shut off. I go to start her back up and all I get is a "TINK" from the starter solenoid. No cranking, no nothing. Dash lights are on and don't seem to be any dimmer than usual, but dim when I try to start her up. I did notice that there was a beeping sound when I turned the key to the "ON" position, but still nothing.

HOWEVER... I went to work and got home about 9 hours later... AND IT STARTED RIGHT UP!!!! I'm confused. I dragged for a second like the battery may have been low on a cold day (which it is), but she started and ran fine nonetheless. I'm baffled now.

- I initially thought the starter just died out of nowhere. The other day I hit a HUGE lake in the road and have been hearing some whining since, so I suspect the alternator.
- Next I began thinking it's just an old battery that decided to no hold a charge anymore, but there is a stupid box around the top of the NAPA battery, so I can't read any dates clearly. I'll be looking into it tomorrow morning.
- Is it possible that there is a security "feature" on the Protege's that lock the system after idling for a certain period of time and disables the starter? I know that the system is "Hot-wire proof" and disables the starter when the system is armed, but I don't know about anything else.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or am I driving a possessed P5? Perhaps she's just moody that she doesn't get to park in the garage like the Stratus. Either way, I'm hoping I don't have to spend MORE money on a battery or an alternator this weekend. Any ideas guys?

Not sure, but if they did I most likely did not register for it back when I had them installed. I'll check it out and keep my fingers crossed, thank you.

Latest posts

Back