Cigarette Lighter

:
2008 Mazda5 GT
No, it's not for smoking.

Anyone using a cigarette lighter in their Mazda? I tried using a push-in lighter from another car but it seems it is not deep/long or wide enough. Do you need a kit to make it work? Kinda strange since in-car 12v plug-in adapters work in both cars.

Can you post some pics so I can see if/how it is different? I'd gladly take if off your hands to ensure you are never tempted to smoke (smoke).

Photo's of the cigarette lighter

The power port: IMGP7270 resize.jpg (sorry for the bad quality, it's in a really awkward place :)
The lighter: IMGP7274 resize.jpg
The lighter when fully depressed: IMGP7278 resize.jpg

Probably something to do with the world finally being fed up with smokers chewing up all of their helthcare money when they get old but sill take 10 years to finally die.

By placing an automatic cigarette lighter in the car, Mazda is basically saying it is good or ok to smoke, so I believe that they have decided that more people would be upset if it was there than people who would be upset if it wasnt there..

It should be very easy to install a new one that will light your smokes...

Probably something to do with the world finally being fed up with smokers chewing up all of their helthcare money when they get old but sill take 10 years to finally die...
The studies I have seen show that smokers save society money by dying, on average, ten years earlier than non-smokers. Plus the tax revenue from cigarettes sales.

That being said, I quit about six years ago, when I was 37. I used to smoke back when smoking wasn't dangerous for you. (whistle)

Silentnoise713, why do you want a cigarette lighter if not for smoking?

Seriously, smoke makes me teary-eyed. The lighter is very handy tool to me. I’ve used it in a few situations to cut (burn through) tough things and as an emergency side view mirror de-icer (just enough to get me going).

Back