New P5 from southern cali

brians_d-ride

:
2002 Protege5 with only 48000 miles
whats up fellas. I've been lurking for a little while, posting here and there. figured i'd make my introduction.

i picked up a bone stock, white 2002 P5 early last month. its an automatic with a sunroof and only has 48000 miles on in. the guy i bought it from sold it to me for $6900. he sold it to prove to his 26 year old daughter that she needed to get a job to start paying her rent, or he was going to find rent money else where. sucks for her, but it worked out well for me.

love my car so far (besides the rear hatch rattle and the useless cup holders). i've already tinted the windows to 5% and i picked up a set of powder coated gun metal grey 2003 P5 rims. i found them on craigslist for $200. after talking to the guy for a while, he told me he'd let me have them for $100 if i could pick them up right away. sold! after that, i dropped in my stereo system that i pulled out of my tacoma before i sold it.

other than that, my car is PROBABLY(not) done. I'd eventually like to drop it a little bit because i drive through a fantastic canyon every day and a drop could make it even more fun. i don't have any performance mods planned (except for maybe a cheap intake) because its a cruiser car to get me back and forth to work.

i've averaged 26-28mpg (55mph to 70mph through the canyons with a few stop signs) so far, which is great considering i was getting about 15mpg in my truck.

anywas, on to the pictures, attached because i'm too lazy to upload to photobucket.

0417011922a.jpg
0417011921a.jpg
0423011056.jpg
0417011921.jpg
0417011922.jpg

looks clean! where in so cal are you? ive got a white p5 too.

ive actually got some evotion lowering springs im looking to get rid of, if you live somewhere near maybe we could meet up..
message me for pics and prices

edit: haha sorry just saw your in moreno valley, only like 30 mins from me

Last edited:
yup. good ole mo val. i'd love to lower it now, but lowering gets expensive when you include shocks and other various stuff. i've got a 2nd baby due any day now so i can't be spending money. maybe once the wife goes back to work i'll hit you up tho.

White p5's are gheeey....Especially when not boosted (evil)

JK I think it's the next best color, after silver of course ;)

& Welcome to the p5 world!

Back