New guy intro

canadian357

:
2003 Protege5, 1987 Honda Accord Type-R(rice)
I've been on here for a couple months and haven't actually made any type of intro or posted my car so I figure I should.

A little about me:
-I'm currently in university, and thus, very, very poor. Also haven't worked since the middle of December, not really helping.
-The P5 was my dream car for 3 years, and I finally picked one up 2 months after I turned 19.
-I'm still pretty new at the whole repairs-and-mods business, but I'm very interested. I'm great with most electrical stuff, especially aftermarket audio, but mechanically I'm still a bit of a noob.
-The first car I had was a 1988 Accord LX. Now, I know how most people here feel about Honda's, but I will die defending that car. She was mah baby, my carb'd 90hp white lightning. I bought another '88, fuel-injected, about a year ago and have done a fair bit of appearance mods (basically all interior) but I'm keeping her as my project.
-I hated that my car was Laser Blue when I bought it, but in the 5 or 6 months I've had it its grown on me hugely. Hands down best colour ever now.

Aaaannnnd here she is!

What I've done to it:
-Installed Clarion sub, added a Pioneer P4000-DVD and later replaced it with a JVC KW-NT1 (huge downgrade in my opinion, but I picked it up for $150 and needed the handsfree. I miss my Pioneer.) Also added a Precision Acoustics 4AWG wiring kit, a crappy Sony 4ch amp and a Power Acoustik BAMF-2000D. Say what you will, its not top of the line, but for a 1ohm stable amp that puts out that power at less than $200, I could not be happier.
-Painted factory wheels, currently in the garage
-Bought an eBay SS, which is basically a knockoff B&M with a stupid crappy yet very weighted stainless shift knob, SS still waiting to go in
-Took some of the haze off of the headlights
-Bought an eBay intake, still waiting on that

Really open to advice on what to do here. I've got a pretty limited budget but I can scrimp and save and make it happen. Let me know what you guys think, and if any local members wanna meet up and show me what they've done, I'd love that.

http://img824.imageshack.us/g/myp5top.jpg/

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 656
  • P5 Pass Side.jpg
    P5 Pass Side.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 654
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 653
  • My P5 Top.jpg
    My P5 Top.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 648
  • Sexy.jpg
    Sexy.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 652
Clean it up a bit more, black headliner and pillars, and I'm keeping an eye out for some mazda 3 or speed3 seats. Later on I'm hoping for some minor bolt on mods, I've gotta do the struts anyways so maybe a lower, and definitely want some retro'd lights. I'm an audio guy so most of my stuff will be in that department. I'd consider an MP3 ecu, but I kinda wanna try one out to compare to see how much i really care.

Welcome, and also, im kind of on the same page as you.
im good with some electronic things, but nothing at all on engine, transmission/suspension stuff.

Although i got you beat. i met my dream of a p5 and im only 16 ;]

Hahaha lucky bastard. Thats when I first drove one. Whereabouts in Canada are you?

Major let down - I thought I had found a ractive header for $80, but the guy hasn't replied to my emails, and he took down the ad :(

I'm in Ontario, and i never even had the chance to drive one till i owned one haha, didnt even have my license when i bought it...

Back