What have you done to your Mazda5 today?

I had this old tripod that somehow fit the contour of the Masda5 dash. And with a small camera and a 32GB sd card, its just as easy as 'press record and forget' during every drive. Maybe I'll catch something interesting.. Another Mazda5 or a UFO... lol.

interesting setup. might come in handy though.

Just finished the wintertime setup.

Studless Snows: Blizzak WS70, 205/55R16s mounted to a set of Protege rims.
Chains: SCC Super Z-6, size 131, with limited clearance as we are dropped 1"

m.

What have you done with your Mazda5 today?

Well, I just might have ordered it!

We made a sweeeet deal with one of our local Mazda dealers today to trade our Mazda6 in on a Galaxy Gray Mica Mazda5 Sport, 5MT. Unfortunately, they didn't actually have that 5 in stock and had to arrange to get it from another dealer. More unfortunately, (and the reason I say I might have ordered it) is that the other dealer was closed today, so they're not entirely sure we can get it! That said, the other dealer was showing both a Galaxy Gray and a Silver, so we'll likely land one or the other!

We're pretty excited. We'll be trading the 6, then selling the MPV. That will leave us with a P5 and a 5. A pretty nice combo, as far as I'm concerned. We just need an MX-5 to round out the fleet, but that's going to have to wait a bit! :)

Ordered and mounted a set of Hankook Winter iPikes...having priced, and passed, on a set of Nokians like I loved on our CX-7. Just a couple of rounds of flurries around here so far, will likely be January before we get enough snow to really try them out. So far, just noticed the typical winter tire "squirminess" feel, not bad, and very low road noise on the highway.

It's on it's way! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

33965_180698435273744_100000007656774_612131_6336315_n.jpg

Actually, I'll be getting Barry to make me the decal for the back window, or possibly on the hatch, using the car's badge for the top part! We're getting the Galaxy Grey Mica. We'll take delivery tomorrow night! :)

The MPV will be going up for sale soon. I need to swap it back to the stock intake, pull the sub and amp and reclaim the MSP speakers from the front doors first, though!

Bought it!
5atBrowns.jpg
Swapped out the shift knob for a Voodoo.
VoodooIn5.jpg
Brought it home. Put on a Zoom-Zoom sticker.
ZoomZoomOn5.jpg
In that order! :D

What an awesome vehicle! The shifter falls right to hand, the view out the front is fantastic, it's plenty smooth, quiet and quick on the highway! To quote an old Mazda ad campaign: "Mazda(5), it just feels right"

Bought it!

The shifter falls right to hand

Cool, nice color. I've read several complaints about the looks of the dashboard mounted shifter, but it is close to the steering wheel aiding ergonomics and spirited driving :)

but it is close to the steering wheel aiding ergonomics and spirited driving :)
No kidding! It's so nice having it right there! It also has a great feel, short, tight throws.

The clutch is super-soft, though! Is that normal? It makes the clutch in our P5 feel like the SUPER-STRONG-MAN-CLUTCH from my Mustang!

No kidding! It's so nice having it right there! It also has a great feel, short, tight throws.

The clutch is super-soft, though! Is that normal? It makes the clutch in our P5 feel like the SUPER-STRONG-MAN-CLUTCH from my Mustang!
I never thought the clutch was too soft, to me it's just about right. once though driving my friend's 2000 protege, that clutch felt like a racing clutch! she said it was always like that!

welcome to the p5+mazda5 club!
So, you have a 5 and P5, are your clutches like night and day?

I never thought the clutch was too soft, to me it's just about right. once though driving my friend's 2000 protege, that clutch felt like a racing clutch! she said it was always like that!
This would somewhat confirm my suspicion!

Ah, I see. Autos.

Anyone you know of in the p5+mazda5 club running stick? (drive)(drive)

Yeah, the Mazda5 clutch is really soft compared to other cars I've driven, it even feels fragile. I cannot compare to a P5 but even my wife says she does not mind rush hour heavy traffic on the Mazda5, especially compared to her previous cars (i.e. Nissan Micra, Opel Astra) or even compared to the mother in law's Volvo V40

well, tomorrow the 5 goes in to get the recall done. while they are at it, im having the winter wheels and tires put on.

got to put the wheels in the back tonight. then go to work, while we are expecting snow. so, i will have to drive to the dealership in the morning (i work midnights) in the snow, with my snow tires in the back. ha.

i will have to drive to the dealership in the morning (i work midnights) in the snow, with my snow tires in the back. ha.

Well, that didn't quite work out as planned, did it? ;)

I drove the 5 to work today. My wife was kind enough to let me drive it today! Nice commuter. Needs more bass from the stereo, though!

Back