30 bucks with a smile.

CHIQLES

Contributor
:
mazdaspeed protege #0403
DSC02563.jpg

DSC02558.jpg

love the sound it makes as air goes through it but fuel cut like a mofo lol.

That's a interesting setup? why are you venting your boost though? recirculate that $#!t, there is absolutely no performance gain from venting boost. And be careful with that relocated MAF. I'm including a pic of what happened to mine from being under boost (exploded, when my stock BPV went bad) MAF are not designed to have boost.

What car and year is that intercooler out of? saab i would have to guess

Attachments

• Image146.jpg
    Image146.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 740
audi 5000 its not recirculted becuase i got to get a line at work. and ill take the chance

surpriseingly this thing fit without any issue's. just trying to figgure out the radiator fan issue.Just going to wire the primary wire to the secondary fan.

I am still completely baffled. I can see why you can't use the secondary fan, but why do you want the controls for the secondary fan to control your primary cooling ?!? that's just asking for problems

ok forget the fan issue its messing people up. Ijust wanted to show people my setup, now my issue is fuel cut.

so i go from running 8.5psi hot air to 8.5 cold, and i can feel the differnce on the pipes.
temperture wise so igot to lower my boost. and i should be good.maybe 4psi. that means new waste gate.

That's a interesting setup? why are you venting your boost though? recirculate that $#!t, there is absolutely no performance gain from venting boost. And be careful with that relocated MAF. I'm including a pic of what happened to mine from being under boost (exploded, when my stock BPV went bad) MAF are not designed to have boost.

What car and year is that intercooler out of? saab i would have to guess

looks like u just have bad luck! there are hundreds on here that run that setup. this is the first ive seen somone blow a hole through. the only problem with running a relocated maf is that the sensor is not meant to be pressurized putting more strain on the sensor therefor u run the risk of it goin bad prematurely.

my issue with ur setup is ur probably leaking boost through that ait setup. just take that sensor out and set it somewhere open in the engine bay, it wont affect anything. if ur not leakin there already my guess is u eventually will.

I've had various bad luck with little stupid things. Luckily i had 3 of them total, so other than a hour or two on side of the road, no down time

I agree w/you on that ait setup. it doesn't look sound, and it doesn't take much for boost/vacuum to leak out

Or at the very least, locate it on the intake side of the turbo where a small leak would be no big deal.

Nice setup though, since you've cut down in the length of piping by a fair bit.

so i go from running 8.5psi hot air to 8.5 cold, and i can feel the differnce on the pipes.
temperture wise so igot to lower my boost. and i should be good.maybe 4psi. that means new waste gate.

4 psi? means new wastegate? your back to confusing me

fuel cut at 8.5 psi :( that shouldn't be unless it is really cold outside. Even when it's warm out, let all that piping warm up to operating temperature and i would think you shouldn't have any problem

you guys are right got to have a leak somewhere with the maf up front the car runs fine but when I go into boost afr are at 13 and boost seems to drop off. I unplugged the battery and that helped alot with what I thought was fuel cut. I had never had a problem with my temp sensor being up front but I will move it back to the intake side.
will also cut some more pipe to make sure everything is snug. will leak check the system when I get the chance. I will figure this out.

fixed the problem leaky pipe conector. cut new pipes put everything back to oem style setup. maf at the intake side running like a champ. need a bigger turbo though not pushing enough air lol intercooler to thick. gt28r or t3 turbo will fix that.

things i learned today. MAF IN FRONT with the intake will give you more top end but have to baby the car no sudden starts and stops the car will also tend to throw you a quick cell and then disappear the car will also try to stop running at that point and then restart. alot of hesitation during aceleration.
I would say this setup is good for casual not crazy aggressive drivers who like to go fast on the freeway.

MAF AT THROTTLE
Quick launch all low end torque can stop and go quick no problems great for auto x or zipping around town the bad no top end, the computer goes into closed loop supper fast and starts pulling a grip of timing. I was able to go into boost real early but without a piggy back to control your afr's theres no real point just dumping gas.

mission now is to find the sweet spot for the maf,thinking right at the first coupler on the intercooler cold side. Gives it some distance from the throttle but not to far. where it may lean out for to long of time.

Yeah, you're ideally going to want a 6" section of straight, constant diameter pipe in front of the MAFS to make sure it can read accurately.

That said, I have kind of a ghetto-rigged intake, with a cone filter stuck directly on the MAFS, and it's been running like that for 2 years with no apparent problems.

I got the s bend coupler off a volvo 740 turbo it fits the throttle and maf good no leaks. You can also get there hot pipe off that same car its 2.5 with a nipple 3/4 for the bpv just cut it to size and use it where you need it i think there like 2 bucks. the windsor pick and pull has a decent selection of cars to choose from. I have also seen a probe gt there with old school electric boost control wish i grabbed that but dout we have room down there for that.

Back