2009 Mazda6 Navigation/GPS DVD Update

Hi All,

New member. Just thought I'd stop by and say Hi and also provide some info that you guys might be interested in. Anyways, I am a proud owner of a Black 2009 Mazda s GT fully loaded. Purchased it last month.

Upon checking the Navi DVD /Maps version number and it said they were from 2007. This got me a little upset and I called my dealer, who was of no help and essentially told me that all 2009 vehicles came with the same 2 DVDs I had.

So them I placed a call to Mazda Customer service and explained the issue to them. Initially the tech said the same thing my dealer said and added that the situation was because they moved from Navteq to Denso as a supplier for their Navi system. I cannot verify the veracity of this statement. He however also said that the New DVD is being release on JULY 21st and should be available to dealers on that date. He initially suggested that I purchase it when it came out, and I obviously lost it at this point in time saying that it was BS that they expect me to pay extra for a dvd on a 2009 vehicle that came with 2007 maps.

Anyways, upon further arguing and negotiating he then mailed me a gift card for $250 which I can could for any mazda parts and services at my dealership including acquiring the DVD when it came out. Just thought I'd share this with you guys.

Cheers,
BB

Last edited:
awesome :) welcome to the party :)

the guy over there had a black cougar he named black betty and would street race everything and anything , and made himself look like an idiot 24/7 :p

I'm a level headed bloke to begin with and besides too old to indulge in juvenile and irresponsible behaviour such as street racing.

Thanks for the info. I've been getting all sorts of conflicting info.

I emailed customer service via the Mazda NAVI site here:

http://www.mazdanavigation.com/

The site says the latest available version is 2008.1 which is newer than the one I have in my 2 month old 2009 6. Their response was that the next release was in spring of 2010. ??

Other sites say the DVD isn't available anymore period. ?!?!

I have to say that the dealer has been helpful. She's been keeping me up to date on her research. I just spoke with her this morning and she said the part number off of my current DVD was pulled and a note to contact Mazda was in the system. She said this usually indicated a part number change was coming very soon.

That sounds like it lines up with a possible new release next week.

I'm not looking for new funcitonality but it would be nice if the mapping updates included some of the newer roads and hwys that are at least 3 years old now!

Fingers crossed.

Its a bit crazy isn't it....

Thanks for the info. I've been getting all sorts of conflicting info.

I emailed customer service via the Mazda NAVI site here:

http://www.mazdanavigation.com/

The site says the latest available version is 2008.1 which is newer than the one I have in my 2 month old 2009 6. Their response was that the next release was in spring of 2010. ??

Other sites say the DVD isn't available anymore period. ?!?!

I have to say that the dealer has been helpful. She's been keeping me up to date on her research. I just spoke with her this morning and she said the part number off of my current DVD was pulled and a note to contact Mazda was in the system. She said this usually indicated a part number change was coming very soon.

That sounds like it lines up with a possible new release next week.

I'm not looking for new funcitonality but it would be nice if the mapping updates included some of the newer roads and hwys that are at least 3 years old now!

Fingers crossed.

Well I'm going to check with my dealer as well on the 21st and see how it goes. Keep us posted as well.

2009 Mazda6 Navigation issues

Are you located in the US? I have been having a frustrating experience realizing that the coverage in Canada was incomplete. I also purchased a fully loaded 2009 black Mazda6 GT i4 with navi... But since I am in Canada, only a few cities seems to have full coverage...

yes in the USA

So here is the update.
Go to my dealer and give him the updated info and the website: www.mazdanavigation.com from which he is supposed to order me my dvd and use my giftcard to reimburse the dealership. Apparently they can't do that. My dealer claim the website isn't fully operation to get reimbursed or some bs like that. He said his parts guys asked me to call customer service back since they (mazda)have changed their approach to this updated dvd issue.(chair) he says now they are going to completely cut the dealership out so that the customer should be able to order it directly from the website.

So now I have to call customer service back and be on hold for ever to figure this crap out. Love this run around Mazda is putting me through. Bah.

Final Update on Issue

After a few more phone calls to mazda customer service and to me dealership, here is how the issue got resolved.

I purchased the 2009 (Map version 2008.1 (screwy) Part# GS3M 66 DZ0 B) navigation dvds from mazdanavigation.com out of my own pocket. Faxed them the receipt and they are goin to reimburse me with a check. And for all the trouble they put me through I get to keep my $250 gift card and use it for something else.(humpleg)

BB

BB, thanks for the update.

Still no update on my end.

I saw that the 2008.1 was the newest version. I'm trying to find out if there are fall releases. If so I was going to wait but so far no one can tell me . . .

When you get your new DVD, could I ask you to check something on it? :)

I'm curious to see if the 2008.1 version has the beltline Rte 540 around Raleigh NC going from Rte 1 to Rte 264. That sections is a few years old. I live right off of it so it's frustraing when the system maps around it cuz it doesn't know its there.

I attached a pic. It's the section with the green dots.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 540 Extension.JPG
    540 Extension.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 578
MazdaSpeed 6 GPS update DVD

Hi,

Does anyone have a copy of a MazdaSpeed 6 GPS update DVD (Mazda - North America Map DVD Version 2008.1) ?

Thanks,
Cre8

Back