Thinking of turbocharging your P5? Here's a guide for getting started...

I wouldn't say no don't spend the money to run it, every bit of prevention is worth a pound of cure and it can NOT hurt anything to run it

but it definitely is not needed...nor do I recall any cases of engine trouble from not running it

the idea is it runs cooler oil through the turbo, which is fine, but the stock turbo is a water cooled turbo already so it's quite redundant to run it *shrugs*

i understand that.

Is the banjo fitting for the coolant line on the back of the block the only banjo fitting required? Do we need copper washers for that? And what size roughly? I think i'm going to order some from ATP or ask Autozone if they have any.

edit: i forgot theres also one on turbo itself.

Last edited:
on the back of the block it is one banjo fitting

the banjo fitting has two outlets though...the bolt has a nipple on it, and the banjo fitting that goes over the bolt has another banjo fitting

like this: -- (if that makes sense)

you do need two copper washers for the fitting, yes

or you could go with a oil filter relocation and run the cooler in between the filter and the block

i think i'm going to hold off on oil cooler for now, but will one later. i'm basically finished acquiring major parts for turbo other than a j pipe, having a hard time with it. other than that it's basically the size of the banjo bolt that goes on back of block for coolant and size of crush washers, hose, and some fittings for my vac block which i'm not sure on those yet either but will research in a sec.

I'm really sorry but for some reason, I'm not taking in what your putting down lol. I do not have much experience w/ the many types of banjo fittings.

think of it this way

one side is threaded, then the middle has a hex section on it, then on the other side it has a barbed fitting

it also has the connection that slips onto the threaded side with an outlet as well

I'd draw a picture but I'm in class haha

please draw a pic when u get out or post a link to one! i feel so retarded right now. thanks for the help though..

Edit: if all else fails i will just get the fittings from that link and route a line to the turbo myself.

Last edited:
here is a crappy diagram

the light silver piece slides over the dark silver piece

Attachments

• crappy picture.gif
    crappy picture.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 270
where do both water outlets run too? wouldn't that be for the oil cooler setup so that one routes to oil filter location and other to turbo?

But if I decided not to run the oil cooler setup I would need a different banjo then correct? B/c I'm thinking about waiting on the cooler setup for now.

if you don't run the cooler then use the banjo fitting you linked above

just make sure it's the right size...I'll double check the sizes later tonight

I tried to check and see if the banjo was the right size that I posted up before, but for some reason my computer will not allow atp to come up. If anyone is able to get it up, let me know.

with the fmic universal piping kits on ebay i have been hearing people have been buying two kits. is it best to order two or just one?

sorry for the continuous posts guys...i was looking through my pics to see if i can visual the banjo you were talking about neon and the one I have I believe is what you were talking about with an outlet at the end. So i was curious if i just go ahead and use that bolt even though the outlet part will protrude from the coolant line (A) and connect the hose in part B to it and seal it with a bolt and plumbers tape and clamp it. seems like a much cheaper scenario yes? i would then only need to purchase crush washers in which i could basically get at autozone probably. let me know if this is correct.

myturbokit2-1.jpg

Back