What have you done to your MS3 today?

Bit of a newb here. Got my 2008 1/2 MS3 last Saturday (5/10). Still breakin' her in. Vent Shades today. Windows tinted (15%) last Monday.

Is that an aftermarket gas pedal? It looks like it has some extra width good for some heel toe action.

Mine is an 08 it's skinnier, and I checked the mazdausa site and found a picture of what mine look like.

pho_gallery_MS3_int7.jpg

I switched from winter floor mats to summer mats. Did the "sharpie mod" to them too.

having rear bumper repainted. it had a paint burr on it when i bought it. also having them fix my sqweeekyyy seat, crackling tweeter, and picking up my free mazdaspeed sport spring/camber kit. :D

Added side emblems

I added those silver "2.3" side emblems -- yes, just like a regular 3 (2 @ $14/ea)! If you ask me, it's a design travesty NOT to have included them on the Speed3 originally. It's profile looks too bland without them.

Since there are no rear bumper guards available for the Speed3 (at least that's what I was told by Mazda because their bumper's differ), I also hand-cut some black, apprx. 4" wide outdoor 'grippy tape' bumper guards to keep my dogs from tearing it up jumping in and out of the hatch! It looks pretty damn good too, if I do say so myself -- and I do! (You know the stuff, it's mostly used on icy/wet stair conditions.)

Last, but not least, I painted the "SPEED" portion of the back emblem red. THAT'll show 'em it's no ordinary, man-about-town, whimpy hatchback! ;)

Last edited:
I changed my oil for the first time today and got rid of the factory fill at 1150 miles. The oil was thin as water! The fuel dilution is obviously severe which is likely a result of the direct injection and the engine break in combined. I put in Penzoil dino 5w-30 and plan to switch to platinum synthetic at the next change. I may run a 40 weight since it will be around August at the next change.

My old Sirius One died on me so I picked up a Starmate 4 today. Having trouble with finding a good, clean looking place to mount it. Any suggestions guys?

My old Sirius One died on me so I picked up a Starmate 4 today. Having trouble with finding a good, clean looking place to mount it. Any suggestions guys?

Found a good place to install my new Sirius radio in the car. I'm not a smoker and don't use the ashtray at all so I was able to cut the ashtray faceplate and mounted the radio flush with it. The dock is the only thing actually attached to the faceplace, so I can still pull the radio out and put it into other vehicles or home docks. The next step is to order a ground loop isolator and run cable to my Aux input in addition to hardwiring the power to the cigarette lighter behind the dash.

Excuse the poor picture quality, my camera has trouble focusing sometimes. Anyways, let me know what you guys think! And yes, I know I need to clean my floormats.

Attachments

• starmate4_1.JPG
    starmate4_1.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 153
  • starmate4_2.JPG
    starmate4_2.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 146
  • starmate4_3.JPG
    starmate4_3.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 154
  • starmate4_4.JPG
    starmate4_4.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 144
  • starmate4_5.JPG
    starmate4_5.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
I LOOoVVVve them in white!!! I don't know why? It's just a thing I have.

Nicceeeee!!
V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V V

The Lehigh Valley, huh? I grew up north of Easton. My wife grew up in Easton.

Last edited:
Found a good place to install my new Sirius radio in the car. I'm not a smoker and don't use the ashtray at all so I was able to cut the ashtray faceplate and mounted the radio flush with it. The dock is the only thing actually attached to the faceplace, so I can still pull the radio out and put it into other vehicles or home docks. The next step is to order a ground loop isolator and run cable to my Aux input in addition to hardwiring the power to the cigarette lighter behind the dash.

Excuse the poor picture quality, my camera has trouble focusing sometimes. Anyways, let me know what you guys think! And yes, I know I need to clean my floormats.

Fail :(

Bought mine Friday, gave it the first carwash today. Yesterday I put in silverstar front turn signals on it. Wish they made them in the size that the rear turn signals are!

Pulled my door moldings off today.
It was so easy, I don't know why I waited so long to do it!

Also buffed and waxed the doors.
The previous owner thought a Brillo pad was good for removing bugs and tar, so the lower halves of the doors were all scratched up.
Now the doors shine like a mirror and make the rest of the car look bad LOL!

The Miata got jealous, so I washed it.

Back