225/45/18 tires = rubbing?

I just tried on a bud's set of 225/60/16's and they rubbed the inner liners some when turning... just to darn tall... talk about wheel well filling, shoulda grabbed a pic.

I forgot, but EXE Wheels has a new rim out that looks similar, couldn't find a pic online, but I have it in one of my mags...(nana)

Ummmmm, Yes they are nice!

EXE "CROWN"
The only kicker.... 20s only!

Attachments

• gallery_crown_1_lg.jpg
    gallery_crown_1_lg.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 129
Right!

20s would be sweet.. though you would need to use undercoating instead of tires on those wheels with a drop. (2thumbs)

pichers1.jpg

Where are the tires!!! LOL

I am probably as excite as you to see them on..... if you did not notice..?

no tires yet... still deciding on the size and gotta get rid of my ms6 rims per the wife.....(boom03)

tilly... this one's for you... The rain didn't come today so I mocked the mrr rim... looks ok. all i'm worried about is looking like a 4x4. i'm thinking of going with the 225/45's to fill the wheel well more. 225/40's will be the same diameter as the stock tires... i also need to get a front lip to add to the look. i was going with the spliter from Bayson when i was sticking with the ms6 rims but it wouldn't look right with these rims.

those wheels are sick, where did you get em at and how much!?!?

I came really close to getting them as well, 808 said the 18's have been discontinued by MRR design, so they might be hard to find. But I have seen a pair on ebay, but the guy wanted almost a grand.
Also here...
PHONE: 877-361-0296 ext. 5
EMAIL: info@d2autosport.com
URL: www.d2autosport.com
AOL IM - D2AUTOSPORT
YAHOO IM - D2_AUTOSPORT
They were selling it for 699.00 Shipped, they have other rims as well. I saw it on a lexus forum, but they should have other fitments. I was going to get the HR2s here...
http://clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236042

Last edited:
slide show... got them off ebay...worked a deal for just under a grand.... normally runs retails $1200-1300 not including shipping to hawaii which is minimum $200.....

tilly... just make sure they have the right offset... i was going with the HR-2's at first but the highest offset i found was either 42 or 45... which would make it stick out too far.. good luck...

Thanks, what would be a good offset for the Mazda5, I've heard different ones, I don't want them to stick out too far...I am still considering lowering my ride a little, but I've also heard negative things about lowering the 5. I would want to get the camber plates if I did, I've also seen a camber kit on ebay, and it doesn't look anything like a plate. Are they the same thing or is the ebay piece fake? Would I only need them for the rear or does someone have a front camber kit as well? (idhitit)What would be a good spring to go with if I don't (can't) want to slam it? I was hoping to just get rid of most of the wheel gap, and still be able to take on driveways. My first choice was the H&Rs but I'm not sure how low they go.

tilly... a 45 offset will push the wheels out past the fender with a 7" wide rim... at least that is what i heard. just make sure you do a test fit prior to purchasing.

I was bored again and mocked up the mrr's and ms6's the other weekend...

Attachments

• DSC03292.JPG
    DSC03292.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 250
  • DSC03304.JPG
    DSC03304.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 260
Looks great!!! I can't wait to get rims now....The full face makes them look bigger. Can't wait to see them all mounted I'm sure you won't look too lifted. I wanted to go 19's on mine, but kinda scared my wife will bend them, same reason I can't slam the Mazda5...anyways..thanks for the preview...
I would contact Simon directly on ebay for the lip. He has another front lip for the 5 he's not putting up on the Baysonr site. It's not too bad looking, he won't ship it to me cuz I'm in Cali, he wants me to pick it up, but maybe cuz you're in 808 he will ship it for you. Can't hurt to ask...good luck!

tillyspeed81
Nice wheels. Are these 18s? Gold?silver or Gmetal? Looks like ADR sokudo 10?

Last edited:
Back