So I shaved my doors today

and it was a ****** pain in the ass. the moldings left glue all the way down the door and I was under the impression that since it's an 08 only a little glue would be left behind so I didnt have any adhesive remover for the first side. had to work off the first side(really hard) then go get adhesive remover for side #2. took me all day and was not as easy as I thought. turned out great though I am happy with it just beware to all who plan on this mod it takes time and patience

i used an old credit card to scrap and stuff after i soaked the glue on my protege doors. it worked well.

i guess if you do it in the hot weather its no problem. I did mine in like 80 or 90 degrees. what about you?

yeah, my car sat out in the sun for a while (i live in CA) so the panel and all that was pretty hot. I think the heat makes it more gooey and it sticks more. I did it on the 2nd side with the panel cooler and it made a little difference the tape left behind wasn't as thinck as the 1st side.

i have this eraser thing that u put on a drill gun and you turn it on at a low speed and it just erases the glue like it would on a piece of paper.. it works REALLY great and it dont take long at all and it takes it all off and dont hert the paint..

You guys do things the hard way. all you gotta do is pour a few glasses of really hot water on each molding individually and then pull them off. They would have come off with no residue. LOL
it took me 5 minutes to take mine off.

You guys do things the hard way. all you gotta do is pour a few glasses of really hot water on each molding individually and then pull them off. They would have come off with no residue. LOL
it took me 5 minutes to take mine off.

DING DING DING We have a winner.......

If I decide to do mine, I'll give that a try this time.

A clay bar works good for taking off any remaining adhesive as well.
I used a heat gun to get the moulding nice and warm, not hot, and it left a minimum of residue. Took 15 minutes start to finish.
Definitely cleaner looking.

Attachments

• 09_07 Westfield 1.JPG
    09_07 Westfield 1.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 213

Latest posts

Back