What have you done to your P5 today?

Let's put em on the track!!

Also, just to let everyone know, my car is back to normal. Well, as normal as anything I own is.

What happened was, somehow, at some point, somewhere, something made its way inside the motor. Don't know how, even the mechanic is stumped. He pulled it apart and found nothing in the cylinders and no marks or scratches on the block. But, the number 4 spark plug is another story. I have it here, but, I don't have my camera on me tonight. It's been beat to hell!! Whatever was in the motor slammed the sparkplug closed, so, she was firing on only3 cylinders!

So, now that it's back, I'm probably going to cut up the SRI I just put in, cause it runs down dang near a CAI almost at the bottom of the engine bay. I'm gonna run it up closer to the headlight. Also, short shifter should be going in this weekend as well as the tribute washer nozzles.

So, in recap, TWM SS and tribute nozzels go on this weekend, and the motor is good to go!!

Tylor

That is great to hear! If you haven't cut the pipe already you could perform the 'atx installation' like so....(all you need to do is relocate the coolant bottle...does require a slight bend of the bracket)

Attachments

• P5 AEM Short Ram Air Intake.jpg
    P5 AEM Short Ram Air Intake.jpg
    628.8 KB · Views: 127
  • P5 Coolant Bracket (3).jpg
    P5 Coolant Bracket (3).jpg
    599.6 KB · Views: 118
  • P5 Coolant Bracket (1).jpg
    P5 Coolant Bracket (1).jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 110
  • P5 Coolant Bracket.jpg
    P5 Coolant Bracket.jpg
    536.5 KB · Views: 107
  • P5 Coolant Bracket (4).jpg
    P5 Coolant Bracket (4).jpg
    551.7 KB · Views: 116
Got a unpainted DG Lip for an awesome price...Now im debating whether to get a CF hood and CF grill or just get a fiberglass grill and paint it to match the car..Were looking at a hell of price difference i know..any thoughts?

Just installed the TWM SS and poly bushings. Holy cow is this thing tight! There is no guessing if you put it in gear! I love it!

Also put in the Tribute nozzels as well. I couldn't wait till this weekend.

As to the intake, I would bend it up, but, I'm going to have a problem with the mount bar sticking out straight uplike that. I don't know. I'll have to check it out and see.

Tylor

Just installed the TWM SS and poly bushings. Holy cow is this thing tight! There is no guessing if you put it in gear! I love it!

As to the intake, I would bend it up, but, I'm going to have a problem with the mount bar sticking out straight uplike that. I don't know. I'll have to check it out and see.

Tylor

No worries concerning the mount bar. The hood will close with no interference. If you did go this route you could always cut that piece off instead of some piping? Your call.

I got to get the Tribute nozzles as well.

Tylor

Yup i installed my TWM SS and poly busings last week while my car was on the rack at the shop... I took a look at my car today and it starts/runs but has some idle issues... I just wanna pay them and drive her home... But hey if they going trouble shootum and not charge me what the hells another day...

You should also get your headlights and wife tested while you're at it. I have a feeling they're more to blame than the battery.

Oh, Muff, you poor, poor boy. You've angered the Dru. You'd best watch yourself if you two should meet up again any time soon.
(nuts) :eek:

Notice any difference?

yep big differnce coming from the crappy 4.5mm belkin (think thats the name.. it starts witha B I do know that much) that napa sells. Also the fact that the wires were shot in less then 15k on them and causing multiple misfire in bank one doesnt help.

Also the old 4.5mm wires literally fell apart when I took them out! The insolator on the bottom of the plug boot came off in the head. That was fun tryign to fish those damn things out.

Got a unpainted DG Lip for an awesome price...Now im debating whether to get a CF hood and CF grill or just get a fiberglass grill and paint it to match the car..Were looking at a hell of price difference i know..any thoughts?

Get the carbon fiber grill its just $50 more. That's what you probably pay to get a fiberglass grill painted.

Btw got my car out tge shop but now im having idle/stalling/bogging issues. Hmm cant figure it out. Any thoughts?

Will hopefully be doing my 626 IM install today. Argh, I have to go pick up some parts first (probably multiples times). Wish me luck!

I got my car back! I feel so much better now that she is back home. The dealership replaced the VTCS butterflies. There was a small piece of metal in my number 2 cylindar. Runs perfect now. Hope that is the end of her troubles.

Back