High HP with the FSDE

If I were to build a high hp protege it would consist of pauter rods, cp pistons (stock compression), clevite bearings, p&p head, 626 manifold, eibach valve springs, custom cams (probably similar to what 03.5MSP has), perrin fuel rail with STi (or bigger) injectors, walbro 255lph pump, awr oil pan, Greddy Emanage, custom manifold mated to an sc61 with a custom downpipe going into a side exit exhaust with no cat..
There is obviously more to the list, but as the main parts, thats what I would get..

Last edited:
I say he is making closer to 275-280 WHP boostin 15 psi, very usable but

also he is reving higher also.

How is he revving higher? I shift to 3rd at about the same speed he was doing when he shifted to 3rd..

I say he is making closer to 275-280 WHP boostin 15 psi, very usable but

also he is reving higher also.
that's my video and I'm boosting 14-15 psi in that video. I do have a forged block with some head work and all the supporting mods check my sig for more info.

I concur.... Hence, watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hOPYWx2MZU

I know this guy went forged, but I don't know how much boost he's runnin'! If my MSP can do this in a couple of years, I'd call it done :)

We all need to remember that big power is a waste if we can't put it to the ground effectively. I don't see myself rolling around on a set of slicks just so I can throw down a Mustang from light to light (braindead. I'd rather walk away from that Mustang going down a twisty road with plenty of motor to stay ahead on the straights. Not that I'd ever drive that fast on public roads (thought)
I dont care much about light to light I like to kick it at 40+ it feels wonderful to have the car put you back in your seat.

that's my video and I'm boosting 14-15 psi in that video. I do have a forged block with some head work and all the supporting mods check my sig for more info.

I dont care much about light to light I like to kick it at 40+ it feels wonderful to have the car put you back in your seat.

what a/r is your turbo? you still running the mpi setup or dino?

what a/r is your turbo? you still running the mpi setup or dino?
the A/R is .86. Right now it's wired the MPNick way. I am however fixing to rewire it for boost instead. I've had it that way before and I do like being able to tune for boost. With the port and polish work I have plus the lightened flywheel I spool up something fast and need to add fuel down lower than usual even with the GT28RS.

the A/R is .86. Right now it's wired the MPNick way. I am however fixing to rewire it for boost instead. I've had it that way before and I do like being able to tune for boost. With the port and polish work I have plus the lightened flywheel I spool up something fast and need to add fuel down lower than usual even with the GT28RS.

sounds good. i have the same turbo about to go in. have you dynoed at 14-15 psi?

No, I'm yet to dyno it. I need to get in gear and do it though.

blthlt I like your setup alot the car runs nicely!

ItsSlow said:
If I were to build a high hp protege it would consist of pauter rods, cp pistons (stock compression), clevite bearings, p&p head, 626 manifold, eibach valve springs, custom cams (probably similar to what 03.5MSP has), perrin fuel rail with STi (or bigger) injectors, walbro 255lph pump, awr oil pan, Greddy Emanage, custom manifold mated to an sc61 with a custom downpipe going into a side exit exhaust with no cat..
There is obviously more to the list, but as the main parts, thats what I would get..

hahaha

Oh werd.. yea I've welded an external wastegate to my mam manifold(bullhorn) and a dump tube on the downpipe. What type of mam manifold do you have, the msp manifold with the angled T2 flange?

Yeah the tubular MSP manifold. It kinda looks like crap and not one of the best MAM pieces.

your saying the MAM manifold made for the msp looks like crap...?

Mine does. It doesn't look anywhere near as nice as Vic's, or Focus's.

Attachments

• img3729fe3.jpg
    img3729fe3.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 197

Nice car man! What's up with the high temperature in that run?

So to ask a more concrete question. How come turbo TC's, wrx's, and not to mention any Honda, seem to be very capable of running over or close to 400whp?
Is this mostly because of the aftermarket support and knowledge, or because of engine design?

Back