What have you done to your P5 today?

You have the 2003.5 MSP axleback (wide oval) made by racing beat (but says "mazdaspeed" on the tip)

others have the 2003.0 MSp axleback (round tip, also the same as what was on the Protege MP3 if I recall correctly) also made by racing beat.

Some have the Mazdaspeed Axleback, which has a 4"ish round tip with a rolled edge, a tiny muffler canister, and a loud sound. It wasn't made by Racing Beat or Mazdaspeed, was made by Bosal or somethin like that. It says "Mazdaspeed" on the tip, and was offered as an OEM accessory for the P5 from the dealer "sport muffler".

Then many have the Racing Beat catback made for the P5, which is a full catback exhaust and says "Racing Beat" on the tip. It's a slight oval and has the inner and outer tip design.

whitemp5seattle said:
why does my msp tip on my exhaust look like nobody else's on here...my oval tip doesn't have an inner and an outer part...it's all one thing and the tip of the tip is rounded and doesn't come to a point...

i'm not sure I'm being clear...I'll try to find a pic somewhere...

You mean like this?....(Kansei explained it all above)

MSPTip.jpg

I know that mine is the sport exhaust for the p5.. but it is round and says mazdaspeed on it..

Attachments

• backend.jpg
    backend.jpg
    396.9 KB · Views: 123
rednecks_r_us said:
I watched Talladega Nights in my car on the way home from a friend's house last night.
hehehehe. i want a dvd player in my dash..dammit. oh well crutchfield is selling one for 650.00 i'll prolly pick that up

yup, Lisa's pic is a fine example (wait is that carbon build-up on the tip I see!?) of the Mazdaspeed axleback, the one made by Bosal or some other company and sold by dealerships as the "sport muffler" :)

Lisa get that snow off your car already :p

Drove home with the windows down....WOOT!!

amsgator - yeah, I meant blacking out your head lights. I did it last November and what a huge difference in the appearance IMO.

I fully plan on driving home with the top down. That's right. I said it. Me AND my 1 seat wonder!

Well I drove from Blacksburg, VA to Virginia Beach. About 100 mi in I get some weird jerking/hesitation while under load and then guess what, CEL soon follows. So I limp the next 200 mi back home with no real problems - I just can't really accelerate because the car will start to jerk. Well today I take the P5 into the shop to get the clutch and flywheel installed - no problem there and they also read the CEL. The CEL was caused by "voltage exceeding max MAF" so my MAF is reading way too much air and is going into limp mode everytime I try to accelerate. SO the mechanic suggests the MBC could have caused this because my boost was building quicker than before and therefore might have been overloading the MAF. So I remove the MBC but the CEL and hesitation are still there. I come back home and reset the ECU and inspect the MAF. Well somehow there was water inside my pipes and the MAF - I don't know how because I don't have any leaks (vacuum is fine). So I pull out the MAF and leave it out in the sun to dry and then reinstall it. So far no CEL but I did hit one spot of hesitation but so far it seems a little better than before. HOWEVER, my mechanic also mentioned that there was a "small" oil leak coming from my oil feed fittings. I think "small leak, ok no big deal" well I get back from a quick drive to test the MAF and look under the car to find oil EVERYWHERE and the dipstick was reading "L" so yeah, "small leak".

So what did I do today/yesterday? I found out that I need to buy all new oil fittings, 4 quarts of oil and possibly a new MAF. Yay (notcool)

well all ya'll are showing your pics in the snow so I figured I would show my equivalent.

Front-SideProfile.jpg

Nice dirty and wet. It was 80 degrees here earlier. Gotta love the 2 week long winter!!! :D

RedHotP5 said:
Drove home with the windows down....WOOT!!

amsgator - yeah, I meant blacking out your head lights. I did it last November and what a huge difference in the appearance IMO.

how much did it reduce headlight visibility?

amsgator said:
how much did it reduce headlight visibility?

None.

The reflectors for the headlights are still chrome its just the outer part under the clear lense that gets painted.

Attachments

• 10_06_06 003 (Medium).jpg
    10_06_06 003 (Medium).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 10_06_06 009 (Medium).jpg
    10_06_06 009 (Medium).jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 128
ok. is there a how to for that? idk if i trust myself doin that. lol. i'm not gona get the tails, i mite just get some smoked rockblocker or something

Back