help!!! tail light question!!!

Togan

My Blueberry Pie P5
Contributor
:
2010 M3 GT SPORT
Hi, i have a 03 midnight blue p5, i cant decide with jdm lights to go for!! chrome or carbon??? i dont like very catchy color like chrome, but peers said carbon darkens my car even more.. im open for opinions!

I say neither, maybe go for the stock JDMs. The chrome and blacked out altezzas (I assume you're talking about those?) in my opinion don't look very good.

If you don't like either of the options for aftermarket lights, stay with the lights that came with the car! Simple!
Or you could buy the chrome ones, pull the outside cover off, and paint the chrome a different color, so it is a metallic blue or grey or something.

"stock JDMs" are JDMs... "chrome" or "carbon" or whatever stupid s*** there is, are NOT JDM

Our stock tails are already JDM. The other style in Japan is just for the lower model of the P5 with out the wing and body styling. But I still recommend the other JDM tails. Look much better IMO.

Which of these lights do you have on your car already?

Attachments

• Lights1.jpg
    Lights1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 691
  • Astina14-2.jpg
    Astina14-2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 689
Black_Protege_5 said:
Only Japan, Australia and Europe got the first style tail lights. U.S. and Canada got the ones with the 2 circles.

I have the first set and would recommend them. They are plug and play and look better in my opinion.

Aftermarket Tails look So Stupid IMO.

If you want yor car to look like a Toyota, Go buy one... :)

SeminoleMan said:
I have the first set and would recommend them. They are plug and play and look better in my opinion.
Ah, ok, we got the straight ones on our P5's, up until the last year or so of production, only then did we get the ones with the circles. If you want something different, get a set of the lights without the circles, and I've seen grills that you can get that go over the lights. Nothing too over the top, you paint them what color you want and it goes around the edges of the lights, and where the straight part joins the red.

Try this link HERE. and a picture is worth a thousand words.

Black_Protege_5 said:
Our stock tails are already JDM. The other style in Japan is just for the lower model of the P5 with out the wing and body styling. But I still recommend the other JDM tails. Look much better IMO.

no... the other style is just the earlier version lights we didn't get.. it's not "lower model" :rolleyes:

hi thanks for all the opinions!

Ripper323 said:
Which of these lights do you have on your car already?

mine is the north american kind, the one on the right

TheMAN said:
no... the other style is just the earlier version lights we didn't get.. it's not "lower model" :rolleyes:

Well then how come I have only seen those lights on the JDM P5's that have no spoiler, side skirts, and a sedan looking front and rear bumper. EDM I know came with those as standard with our model here in the US but it looks diff in Japan.

Go here, click the links in the green area, and you'll see the different. We have the same tails as the newer version s-wagon. The other style is from the older version.

Stock one's on the car look best IMO but my baby is red so they match nicely...those gunmetal altezza's would look good though with the blue. I still say stock ftw!

Purrfectangel said:
Stock one's on the car look best IMO but my baby is red so they match nicely...those gunmetal altezza's would look good though with the blue. I still say stock ftw!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA my mom said the exact same thing =) she said "your car already has beautiful lights, why do u wanna ruin that? the blue goes perfectly well with the red lights" its all stock! i wanna get rid of it! (glare)

mazdaspeed777 said:
I would say go for the gunmetal black ones. I have the carbon fiber ones on mine but they look to fake close up. Here is a link for some for $70 on ebay. They would look amazing with the midnight blue color.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I knooww!! thats an awesome pair but u know what the seller is doing?? item costs 70 and shipping costs $165! wtf????:bs:i found these, its called "carbon" on the auction not sure how close it is to gun-metal..but nobody buy it please im waiting for reply from the seller.. i have my eye on it!!
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=200050932962&rd=1&rd=1

Stock JDM or leave them as is.Chrome or carbon = (pukey) (pukey) (pukey) (pukey) (pukey) but thats just me, i find they look cheap.
in the end do whatever floats your boat.

Latest posts

Back