What have you done to your P5 today?

yeah. i like it, it looks mean :)

Attachments

• DSCF0993.JPG
    DSCF0993.JPG
    513.3 KB · Views: 402
leebee said:
what about 205's, anyone out there????!!!

I have 215/40/17 Toyo proxes 4 and love them. Great in the rain and dry. I know you have 16's, just giving some feedback

Finally smoked

Got these done, but how do i take off the orange markers?

Attachments

• IMG_2889.JPG
    IMG_2889.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_2890.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_2891.JPG
    IMG_2891.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 357
leebee said:
what about 205's, anyone out there????!!!

I had 205/45/16 Hankook K104 for my summer tires. They were great in both dry and rain. Never hydroplaned on me once even driving highway speeds in heavy rain. The 45's looked pretty skimpy and left the wheel opening looking huge. For my winter wheels I had 205/50/16 Hankooks W300 and they filled in the wheel opening really well. With the wider tire you should get slightly better gas milage, like 0.0001 mpg better, it is also like 4.5% larger than the stock tire so the speedo will be off by a MPH or two. It also effects the number of miles that the car puts on, if I remember correctly the larger tire puts less milage because the circumference is more than the stock tire.

detailed and waxed the p5 in the wonderful 95 degree weather with 45% humidity...but hey its shinin like its new

ronin12 said:
I have 215/40/17 Toyo proxes 4 and love them. Great in the rain and dry. I know you have 16's, just giving some feedback

Thats pretty low profile for my stock 16s, but how about that treadwidth, is that pretty sweet looking or what? How long you been running with those?

AlbNYPR5 said:
I had 205/45/16 Hankook K104 for my summer tires. They were great in both dry and rain. Never hydroplaned on me once even driving highway speeds in heavy rain. The 45's looked pretty skimpy and left the wheel opening looking huge. For my winter wheels I had 205/50/16 Hankooks W300 and they filled in the wheel opening really well. With the wider tire you should get slightly better gas milage, like 0.0001 mpg better, it is also like 4.5% larger than the stock tire so the speedo will be off by a MPH or two. It also effects the number of miles that the car puts on, if I remember correctly the larger tire puts less milage because the circumference is more than the stock tire.

I'm leaning toward the 205/50s eagle f1-gs-d3 tire. I thought that the 45's might be to small looking. those 50's look pretty good?

Picked up a DG carbon fiber oil cap and some of those uh, what are they called, "DaveB Rings." :D

leebee said:
Thats pretty low profile for my stock 16s, but how about that treadwidth, is that pretty sweet looking or what? How long you been running with those?

had them since beginning of the year

Attachments

• DSC00332.JPG
    DSC00332.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 151
  • DSC00331.JPG
    DSC00331.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 166
2003newlyack said:
im getting excited snowblazin! keep updating and keep on working (first)

same here.....can't wait to see her running and wish i could help out but i have my hands full for the next bunch of months!

-R

amber maker removal

if i remember correctly you push the light toward rear and at the same time kind pull out tip (narrower end of light, the part your pushing on) if not that way the other direction...all else fails check the manual...good luck
Breeegz said:
Got these done, but how do i take off the orange markers?

thanks, so it's the same as the clear sidemarkers... I'll try.

no, the orange sidemarkers you have to go in through the wheel well, take the 3 screws off and pop it out through there (IIRC)

Today, I put my headers in, then broke it in, but I couldn't get crazy, it was really wet and rainy today.

2003newlyack said:
no, the orange sidemarkers you have to go in through the wheel well, take the 3 screws off and pop it out through there (IIRC)

I believe you may be correct. I tried the other way, but I though I was gonna break sumtin (and I usually do)

reflections of morrigan....

spent nearly 8 hours today washing, drying, and polishing followed by aio and wolfgang deep gloss sealant on the car, with clearkote vanilla moose on all windows and rims

after the sealant cures overnight, i'll apply the wax tomorrow and hopefully work on the interior a bit. i hope we don't get the rain they're calling for :(

I HURT ALL OVER lol

anyhow, on to the pics

Attachments

• IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 171