MSP begi fmic?

sandspeed

Potential Scammer!
:
16W msp T3/T4R
okay, so i have been trying to install my begi fmic but have run into several problems.
first, the new radiator support bracket does not fit what so ever. it seems like it was made for a different kit or something.

second, the begi pipes from the throttle to the intercooler don't fit. the kit comes with 2 inch in diameter tubing by 2.5 length. the tubing will not fit over because the throttle body diameter is more than 2" in diameter.

also, the turbo to intercooler pipe has a small pipe for the bpv ,but the bpv tubing is to small and doesn't fit.

I'm very confused and don't understand way there are so many problems so far. (boom07)
pics below
update: new pics on page 2 (thumb)

Attachments

• bpv.jpg
    bpv.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 215
  • bpvb.jpg
    bpvb.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 232
  • pars.jpg
    pars.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Man I wish I could help you out here. I have never installed one of these kits. Have you looked in the How to section? Ill check it out and post a link If I find one.

i have searched the forums for pictures of other members with the begi fmic and from what i can see my setup has different parts. ??

this sucks..

Well it looks like the correct radiator support, but it hasn't been bent like it should have been from begi.
On my IC to TB pipe it was flared at the end where it goes to the TB, and it was flared to about the same diameter as the TB, and a 2.5 silicone connector was provided to make it work. (this isn't a big problem for now, just use the the stock pipe till you can get a new one.
And the is how the nipple for the bpv is on that kit. I don't run the stock bpv, so i'm not sure what to tell you other than get a piece of hose that is big enough to fit over the nipple on the pipe, and then clamp the hell out of the other end, but it still might leak.
I'd contact BEGI immediately about that support bracket, it looks similiar to mine, but not bent to fit correctly.

sandspeed said:
okay, so i have been trying to install my begi fmic but have run into several problems.
first, the new radiator support bracket does not fit what so ever. it seems like it was made for a different kit or something.

second, the begi pipes from the throttle to the intercooler don't fit. the kit comes with 2 inch in diameter tubing by 2.5 length. the tubing will not fit over because the throttle body diameter is more than 2" in diameter.

also, the turbo to intercooler pipe has a small pipe for the bpv ,but the bpv tubing is to small and doesn't fit.

I'm very confused and don't understand way there are so many problems so far. (boom07)
pics below

sandspeed said:

pics below
That doesn't seem right.
Ask Jeff or Ken.

Seems like they didn't fix this yet. I ran into the same problem with trying to run a stock BPV.
Too_Big.jpg

This is how we fixed it. BEGI didn't have much to say other than oh, yeah, the test vehicle had an after market BPV.

Modded_pipe.jpg

The what the hell is this piece is the hood latch support bracket. I think gboromsp is right, it does look like the right radiator bracket, just not bent or powder coated.

Also, I have a set of install directions in pdf form if you need those.

Good luck.

hey thanks for the help guys,
i just got finished with sealing the bpv to the intercooler pipe. i went to home depot and found a rubber piece than snuggly fit over the intercooler piece and than clamped the s*** of the bpv. for now, it is actually working pretty good but i pland on replacing the stock bpv with a forge bov! it amazes me that begi hasn't figured this out yet, but oh well.

also , i installed the stock plastic throttle to intercooler pipe for now but hopefully have some help from friends installing the begi pipes. i might need new pipes , not sure yet.
oh yeah,one more thing. is it normal for the begi pipes to get pretty damn hot!!?
thanks again
sander

The turbo to ic pipe should get hot, the other side should be much cooler to the touch, thats how you know the ic is doing its job. What did you end up doing for the bracket??

sandspeed said:
hey thanks for the help guys,
i just got finished with sealing the bpv to the intercooler pipe. i went to home depot and found a rubber piece than snuggly fit over the intercooler piece and than clamped the s*** of the bpv. for now, it is actually working pretty good but i pland on replacing the stock bpv with a forge bov! it amazes me that begi hasn't figured this out yet, but oh well.

also , i installed the stock plastic throttle to intercooler pipe for now but hopefully have some help from friends installing the begi pipes. i might need new pipes , not sure yet.
oh yeah,one more thing. is it normal for the begi pipes to get pretty damn hot!!?
thanks again
sander

If they are steel they will conduce heat pretty quickly.
You might want to put thermal wrapping on them.
I am it worked out.

gboromsp said:
The turbo to ic pipe should get hot, the other side should be much cooler to the touch, thats how you know the ic is doing its job. What did you end up doing for the bracket??

well for now there is no bracket. i basically used several zip ties and braced them to the frame of the car. there is still some play , so the radiator does move but is actually should be okay until begi send me the radiator properly bent.

the 03.5 lip is getting painted black i just need to fix some parts and than repaint it.

Attachments

• fmic.jpg
    fmic.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
sandspeed said:
well for now there is no bracket. i basically used several zip ties and braced them to the frame of the car. there is still some play , so the radiator does move but is actually should be okay until begi send me the radiator properly bent.

the 03.5 lip is getting painted black i just need to fix some parts and than repaint it.

Looks nice.
You should put the grill back in there.
I like LIP much better than the DG one.

Well, I was going to comment, but it looks like you got it pretty much figured out. My install was kinda a pain too without any instructions, figuring out the orientation and location for each bracket. The kit I got was used and supposedly the original prototype.

Delivery guy, what were you saying about a hood latch support bracket? I've had trouble witha rattling hood ever since I installed my BEGI :(

peepsalot said:
Well, I was going to comment, but it looks like you got it pretty much figured out. My install was kinda a pain too without any instructions, figuring out the orientation and location for each bracket. The kit I got was used and supposedly the original prototype.

Delivery guy, what were you saying about a hood latch support bracket? I've had trouble witha rattling hood ever since I installed my BEGI :(

First post, third image he labeled a bracket saying "I don't know where the hell this thing goes". That is the hood latch replacement support bracket. The original bracket needs to be replaced so the hot side pipe can clear the bracket, if I remember right.

From the Begi directions...
67) Place the new hood latch support in position, with the top of the bracket mounting to the
front bolt on the hood latch assembly. Secure with OEM fastener you removed earlier. Do not
tighten.
68) The lower part of the bracket will bolt to the center mounting on the lower radiator
crossmember. Secure with the OEM fastener you removed earlier. Do not tighten.
69) Tighten upper and lower bolts.
70) Test the hood latch alignment by closing the hood and checking clearances and height match
at fenders. You will need to check this again against the front bumper/nose section when
installed.

thanks for calling me sander, i will make sure to call BEGi and get the right coupler for you. i had thought after D_Guy's kit they were not going to make them the same way, but do a stock setup. seems i need to clarify this with them for future orders. how do you like the kit so far.

i decided not to use the hood latch replacement, instead I unbolted the stock bar and pushed the power steering lines behind it and then bolted it back together.

i just talked with ken(protegegarage.com) earlier tonight and he is going to get in touch with begi tomorrow and get them to send me a 2.5" in diameter coupler for the throttle body. i'm am going to try and find a shop to bend the radiator bracket and if that doesn't work i'll call ken or begi to get another one.

Back