What will replace your p5 in the future?

aMaff said:
evo wagon, any1??
i.mitsubishi.lancer.evo.wagon.05sep.jpg

No. Rear end is ugly as hell.

Altspace, you lucky bastard.

I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately. I'd love to keep the p5 for as long as I can, but the michigan roads are going to kill this car....and I'd like to have something else before it rusts from the bottom out. Anyway, currently on my thoughts are the Audi A3 (the black is sexy...and DSG I hear is awesome), the Saab 92x has my eye (looks a bit better than the subby imo), and maybe a Volvo if i ever see that C30 at the dealerships. Dream cars currently are: Mitsu Evo MR, Caddy CTS-V, and at the extreme end, the Carrera GT.
If I decide to have fun and go with some good ole fashion muscle, that new challenger looks good...and if gm has enough balls to produce something anything remotely similar to that new camaro concept...I'd like to see what I could do with that.

Last edited:
I don't plan on getting rid of my p5 until it becomes too expensive to own.

What I'd like to do is trade my wife's 98 protege for mazda 6, however she wants a xB. Either way, I want to keep the p5 as summer/back up car, that way I can really work on it, and use the other as the commuter.

I have dreams of an RWD drifter, but the wife has dreams of babies... ahh s***, i'm going to have to get a mini van (2thumbs) but only if it looks like this;

Attachments

• puddle lights.jpg
    puddle lights.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 106
  • LED headlights.jpg
    LED headlights.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 112
p5power said:
Dream cars currently are: Mitsu WRX MR
Mitsu evo? lol
anarchistchiken said:
No. Rear end is ugly as hell.
I know, I wish they made it look better...but I'd love an evo, and not a whole lot beats the practicality of a wagon (one of the big reasons I love the p5...just put the back seats down, and you almost have the same space as a small truck). Anyway, as I said earlier, it's gonna be a few years at least, before I get a new car, so I was just throwing it out there lol

Last edited:
I'll probably end up in a used 05 or 06 GTO 6 speed in a few years, maybe a newer one if the redesign isn't too ugly. I'm totally done with 4 cylinders and especially front wheel drive.

Tg5 said:
Do you want to buy a 03 R1 with 5K~ on it? Alot of cf on it!
haha!

fat chance, I don't have a death wish just yet. Only reason I said the XB9s is because my brother said he'd give it to me when he gets a new bike - if I don't already have the SV650 before then.

Either way, I'm into useable power, low-end torque, and a lower insurance premium. With some practice I'll be able to outride some stunner on an inline anyday...at least until the straights come up ;)

As of today...2005 Tribute V6 AWD. I was kind of sad to let the P5 go, but with the old lady not being able to drive stick very well it had been a problem when she has needed to drive it. Plus living in Upstate NY its a good idea to have an AWD vehicle so the wife can use it to drive my daughter on the days when its snowy. On that note, I will be posting a set of StreetRings in the FS section.

Since it looks like marraige is in the future... my next purchase will definitely have 4 doors. I really am a fan of the new tribeca. Basically next vehicle will definitely have AWD and most likely be my wife's car.

Hy8us said:
I like sporty wagons so i was thinking of a Subaru wagon, not many other wagons on the market anymore. (thumb) Does the Subaru wagon come is a wrx style with a hood scoop? that would be awesome. I think my p5 should last me till 2010 at least.

g35x is a prime candidate.

ill replace mine with either a black gto 6spd or a red or black s2000..something rwd wiht some power.

Back