falken azenis

:
2001 323 Astina SP20 (P5)
hey

i was just wondering if anyone has put 215/45/16 falken azenis tyres on their stock 16" wheels yet? i know the tyres are supposed to be on 7" wide wheels, but am curious to see if anyone has tried to put them on the stock 16 inchers

later

Haven't done so. But that's the tire I'm gonna run on rota slipstreams.

Rishie

We have good pricing on those too.

Oh, I wouldn't do it. Just won't be right. That's why it's not recommended. Our wheel is only 6" wide. You will lose sidewall integrity.

Rishie

The 215s will be fine on 6" rimes. You'll lose some tread patch width, but they'll stay on.

I would STAY AWAY from the Falkens in 17": I have the 225/45-17s on my STOCK MSP wheels right now, and they rub on both the inner AND outer edges! The 225 falkens are just too wide for the protege.

It's a pity, because they work great... I'd recommend a set of Kumho MXs if you're on a budget, Bridgestone PP S-03s if you can afford them. Both tires come in a better fitting size, and perform almost as well (better in the wet for the S-03s...)

To answer the question, though: I paid $113 each at discount tire direct, with free shipping. I've seen them as much as $20 cheaper, but with sales tax and shipping, the final cost was higher than $113...

I can't speak for certain, since the Falkens run a little wider than their sizing would indicate, but it seems that 215s fit well, and my 225s rub a LOT...

HERE!!
Those are the exact tires I use for AutoX. And boy do they grip.
Hope that helps

RC

cruzer - are you able to take us a piccy of the tyres on the car??? i want to see how much they overhang the stock rims

also, how many miles have you got out of those tyres so far?

thanks heaps

Take close ups of the tire sitting on the wheel if you can too. I want to see the sidewall angles.

Thanks Rich,
Rishie

Ok here is one of the pictures

Attachments

• falken1.jpg
    falken1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 309
And here is another

And I have probably put on about 1000miles on them so far.
Hope this helps

Latez

RC

Attachments

• falken2.jpg
    falken2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 219
hey cruzer, that's great!!!!!

i know what tyres i'm getting when my come up to be replaced!!!!!! they look like they sit out a little bit more than the oem tyres (naturally), but not much!

you dont get any tyre rub?

later

Back