Pics with Tein or H&R anyone?

I am a real fan of the eibach kit, I had them on my mazda 323 gt-r 4wd turbo and the eibach kit was even a bit softer then the stocks (boom07) and the driving was much and much better.

I am going to install them on my p5 too.

hope this helps

The eibach pro-kits are good if u want a drop w/ a cushy ride. Anything that drops the car lowers the center of gravity, helping handling, but they're progressive. The tein's (and I think the H&R's) are linear, which is better if you're looking for a performance applicaiton. My $0.02

CrazyCaker said:
I never had any fitment issues. Can you explain what problems you had?
I just installed them on my 05 Civic Si and they "Clack" over bumps, its really annoying. They're installed correctly. Time to go buy some tien super street coilovers.....

The eibach kit is great.....again! Progressive springs are nice for street cars. A "single rate" spring that is stiff as hell will make for a bouncy ride. I can't say it enough, I loved my Eibachs on my P5.

I dunno, maybe its just luck of the draw, because I have had my H&R's for about 3 1/2 yrs and I never heard any noise at all coming from them, no bounce, no noise, nothing. I guess you will find ppl say good things and bad things from everybrand, as in with any product, you just need to go with your gut feeling at the time and with what is best for you as in drop, ride, and cost.

Yea, I agree with the gut feeling thing too. Do as much research as you can and look at the facts, but if you think your going to be happier with one brand vs another, than go for that brand. If you go with springs your not so sure about, you will probably be critical and pick up on every problem and automatically multiply it by 10 in your head to make it seem worse than it is. If you get the springs you have a good feeling about, the problems will seem minor and you will subconciously want to overcome them and give them the benifit of the doubt.
Also, if you don't like the springs you end up getting... sell them and get a different kind, they dont seem to lose too much value after being used slightly.

Main reason i'm asking about H&R is that for the past 10 years I've owned CRX's and Civics, all have been on H&R's and all were great. I currently have a 2001 Civic Si on H&R sports and that is good as well. I'm pretty sure i'll get them for my P5 but wanted to see some pics just as a reference. thanks for all the posts :)

Well, my next plan if I get springs will have to be espellirs. Eibach doesn't sound like it will cut it for me either, and definitely not as happy with the S-techs. Not because of the rough ride, in fact i prefer that but I don't like the drop that comes with it too much. Too extreme for me and I want something in between stock and S-techs.

H&R's all the way. Going on 3 years now and about 80000km on them. Winter driven, daily driven. Tokico struts.

Attachments

• P1030333.JPG
    P1030333.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 121
  • f394a26d.jpg.orig.jpg
    f394a26d.jpg.orig.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 140
  • f39d3266.jpg.orig.jpg
    f39d3266.jpg.orig.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 165
aMaff said:
The eibach pro-kits are good if u want a drop w/ a cushy ride. Anything that drops the car lowers the center of gravity, helping handling, but they're progressive. The tein's (and I think the H&R's) are linear, which is better if you're looking for a performance applicaiton. My $0.02

H&R Sports are progressive all the way around.

White car = tein S Tech w/ Tokico blue struts

Attachments

• P1060734.JPG
    P1060734.JPG
    337.9 KB · Views: 168
  • P1060732.JPG
    P1060732.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Back