What Ive been up to...

GzeroD

:
2003.5 Mazda Protege 5
Well, I tried to do the JDM Intake Manifold myself, but the two are just too dissimilar, hoses in different places, different wiring, Ill give it another go sometime soon though. But I did manage to install my Tsudo/OBX Header...verrrrrrry nice upgrade and relatively easy, Unorthodox Racing Underdrive Pulley...again, a very nice upgrade, removed and painted my valve cover, and made a bracket for my eBay intake, and installed my AutoEXE Ground wire kit. I dont know if anyone else had the same troubles as me, but my intake rattled and shook up against something in there and wore a hole into it as well as scraping up the part it rubbed against. The bracket helped out a lot though. Also, the header brought up the standard CEL problem, the two spark plug non foulers trick worked great. Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• PC020037.JPG
    PC020037.JPG
    563.5 KB · Views: 160
  • PC020039.JPG
    PC020039.JPG
    518.7 KB · Views: 130
  • PC030002.JPG
    PC030002.JPG
    292.1 KB · Views: 158
  • PC040010.JPG
    PC040010.JPG
    511.3 KB · Views: 151
  • PC070026.JPG
    PC070026.JPG
    574 KB · Views: 188
Krylon Wrinkle...red. Also, before anyone asks...the oil leakage is coming from a VERY loose Oil filter and no gasket....thanks to the Black Lake Blvd Jiffy Lube in Olympia, Wa.

Last edited:
Thats part of my ultra high tech bracing system I designed myself to keep the intake from rattling around...I can post the CAD/CAM specs on here if anyones interested...

Also...stubby antenna installed...no reception loss at all, and Im at least 25% more aerodynamic...

Lookin good....I've got an OBX on the way and can't wait to put it in...new exhaust, new springs, new shifter...I'm in freakin heaven....

nice work on the valve cover. wish my all my bolts were still that shiny...

GzeroD said:
Also...stubby antenna installed...no reception loss at all, and Im at least 25% more aerodynamic...

I lost a little reception, but it's so much nicer than stock.

Attachments

• IMG_5307.JPG
    IMG_5307.JPG
    185.5 KB · Views: 99
you did all that and you took the car to a jiffy lube? NOOOOOO!!!! I had a friend work there and he said after working there, he would NEVER take his car and warned me never to take my car to 1 of those places. Trust me on this, heard many horrible stories from him.

you did all that and you took the car to a jiffy lube? NOOOOOO!!!! I had a friend work there and he said after working there, he would NEVER take his car and warned me never to take my car to 1 of those places. Trust me on this, heard many horrible stories from him.

I was thinking the same thing. I assume (hope) it was out of necessity rather than choice...

but congrats, tell me how much better it feels after you install the exhaust tomorrow. But yeah, I would much rather do the oil change myself than have some woohoo at jiffylube touch my car.

Nah, I got a Jiffy Lube gift certificate as part of a "Welcome Home From Iraq" package and decided to put it to use. Full synthetic and topped off my fluids at no cost to me, sounded like a good deal at the time. I drove all the way from Olympia, WA to Portland, OR and waaaay over to Walla Walla, WA with a loose oil filter spitting the black blood the whole way. So when I got here my father and I started the installs off by puttin the UR Pulley on and noticed the leakage. Thought it was the oil pan gasket at first, but as the header install progressed we noticed it was leaking from the poorly installed filter. So we finished everything up and took it over to a Jiffy Lube here to rub it in their face a bit. Fixed it up for free and got THREE MORE FREE OIL CHANGES...but I think Ill quietly burn those...or maybe offer em to someone on the Hondatech page...hmmmmm

Well, I got the MSP axle back installed...I havent even bothered to look at how to modify it to fit under the bumper without the overhang...looks like it will have to go to a muffler shop for welding. But the sound is EXACTLY what has been lacking from the car. Sometime around the first of the year, the SR Motorsports midpipe and high flow cat will be on, I really cant wait. Also, check out my stubby antenna, isnt it CUTE?!?!

Oh, and thanks for the props guys...its one thing to take these cars to a shop for an install, but doing it all yourself brings a great sense of manliness I havent felt since I was gunning down Ali-Baba in the desert.

Attachments

• PC080011.JPG
    PC080011.JPG
    414.6 KB · Views: 90
  • PC080012.JPG
    PC080012.JPG
    349 KB · Views: 95
  • PC080014.JPG
    PC080014.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 104
Back