Vibrant Exhaust ?'s

mspHtown said:
just installed my vibrant exhaust yesterday. besides grinding the nuts down, the system is amazing. good sound, good gains, and good looks.
Glad to here you got it done.(thumb)

pics

Attachments

• DCP_0952.JPG
    DCP_0952.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 142
  • DCP_0951.JPG
    DCP_0951.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 120
  • DCP_0950.JPG
    DCP_0950.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 129
  • DCP_0949.JPG
    DCP_0949.JPG
    341.5 KB · Views: 115
  • DCP_0939.JPG
    DCP_0939.JPG
    304.3 KB · Views: 124
a few more

Attachments

• DCP_0938.JPG
    DCP_0938.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 110
  • DCP_0937.JPG
    DCP_0937.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DCP_0936.JPG
    DCP_0936.JPG
    426.8 KB · Views: 104
  • DCP_0932.JPG
    DCP_0932.JPG
    335.9 KB · Views: 120
  • DCP_0930.JPG
    DCP_0930.JPG
    345.8 KB · Views: 96
All right. Been drooling long enough. Going to get in touch with Sam again and just order the damn thing!

Sam got a new hardware kit out to me, but it hasn't gotten here yet. Great customer service by the way. I'm hoping it gets here before the weekend so I can get this thing installed on Saturday. Guess I could always put in a generic gasket (I have gasket making material) and use some bolts from Home Depot until the real stuff gets here. I could dyno as soon as next week if I get it in this weekend.

Cool....I would just wait for the hardware kit, better to have good quality stuff :).
livelyjay said:
Sam got a new hardware kit out to me, but it hasn't gotten here yet. Great customer service by the way. I'm hoping it gets here before the weekend so I can get this thing installed on Saturday. Guess I could always put in a generic gasket (I have gasket making material) and use some bolts from Home Depot until the real stuff gets here. I could dyno as soon as next week if I get it in this weekend.

You'll like it Dirk Diggler....no complaints yet.
MrDiggler said:
All right. Been drooling long enough. Going to get in touch with Sam again and just order the damn thing!

Rawyzf said:
Cool....I would just wait for the hardware kit, better to have good quality stuff :).
Eh, it depends on when it gets here. I really want to get this thing installed this weekend. Getting back underneith the car to replace the gasket and two bolts with the good stuff from Vibrant next weekend is worth the hassle to get it on the car asap. They didn't include locking washers any ways, which I like to have on my exhaust bolts to prevent them from working themselves loose.

4 hours later, and the exhaust is installed. Well, kind of. All I have to say, is those KartBoy hangers are stiff as hell. It took me forever to get them on the new muffler. The j-pipe is only connected with one nut right now, because I have no way of grinding down the collars on the stock nuts and the nuts from Home Depot are too wide. I'll see if my co-worker has a grinder, otherwise I'll use my Dremel and it'll take a while. My mid-pipe gasket is a custom one from the gasket material from auto-zone, still waiting on the one that's supposed to come with it.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with the look. It's a bit close to the bumper, so some melting will occur, I'm not very concerned. It's about twice as loud as stock, just something I'll have to get used to. I think I'll use the silencer for daily driving and take it out on autocross/dyno/tuning days.

livelyjay said:
Otherwise, I'm very happy with the look. It's a bit close to the bumper, so some melting will occur, I'm not very concerned.
Dont worry no melting will occur.

RenzoMSP said:
Dont worry no melting will occur.
You can also tru to use only the front KB bushings.
When I installed mine it did not like the way the where.
Good stuff and nice exhaust

Test drive. Man this sucker is loud. Not that everyone didn't warn me. The cops are all over the place, so I really couldn't open it up. I did get a few backfires. Tomorrow I'm putting the silencer in and hopefully that will quiet things down. On the highway it doesn't drone much, but accelerating and slowing by downshifting has some nice volume to it. The sound is nice, but the volume is a bit much. This is my first wide open exhaust, so maybe I just didn't know what to expect.

Oh yeah, I destroyed the stock hangers when I took them off (I got sick of tugging, so I cut them off), so that's not an option. I'll just put up with it.

Glad you got in installed!

It is a bit loud, but imo it's not too loud. I like the agressive sound of it. Oh..and I should have told you before, but to get the old hangers off easy and to put the new KB ones on.....just use some dishsoap :p. Sorry bout that.

I never heard my car from the outside while in motions until a couple of weeks ago. I let my buddy drive it while i drove his car. Man it sound really cool. I love this exhaust. Best upgrade ever. The silencer makes it sound like stock. I think its one of the best exhausts out there for the msp.

it may be loud, but its not an annoying ricer loud. the deep and aggressive sound is well worth the loudness.

Back