DGM CF ram air hood

the ram air is funtional if you have SRI. If you have a CAI, then the hood is useless. If you do have a CAI, you can do what I did and have a different kind of RAM air. [see first attachment] You'll also need to order the grill inserts from Canada and remove your fog lights. [see second attachment]

Attachments

• grinding 3.JPG
    grinding 3.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 799
  • Sig%20source%202%20sm.jpg
    Sig%20source%202%20sm.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 805
for that much, u can choose from a variety of hoods dude... but a DG one would be sick, i dont think anyone here has that. i think DG had a sale on those hoods a while back. try call them, speak to amie, tell her your from the forums, and see what she can do for you.

peace

kickniteasy said:
Looks great, but for 1000 it seems you could do a lot to the car to make it more fun to drive.

(mswerd) for $1000 you could get adjustable Tokicos, springs, and the AWR rear sway bar. That would make your car a handling monster!!

Rogue Pro5 said:
(mswerd) for $1000 you could get adjustable Tokicos, springs, and the AWR rear sway bar. That would make your car a handling monster!!

hehe, i just picked up some illuminas for $500 shipped. i'll be installing them next week (yeah! spring break! lol) with some tein s-tech springs. i'm working on finding a good set of front and rear sway bars to stiffen things up all fancy like.

that dgm hood is supposed to also come with an AEM ducting and filter package. corksport has it for $995 +shipping. damn... maybe i can sell one of my guitars to fund this deal. (laugh)

ya I believe the hood does come with the intake system... so you should be good. I know only a couple people on this forum have this hood... you can prob count them on one hand. It looks very nice imo. If it's worth the $$$ is something you have to decide for yourself :)

bjdesire said:
i have the dg ram air hood, it looks sick and i like it

Can you show a pic of the underside? What is the filter setup that it is supposed to come with? Thanks!

BTW, give dg motorsports a call. they have them on sale right now for 550 plus shipping without the intake package. the number is 760-433-8731. i spent almost 1000 about a month ago and got a lot more than just a hood. call them and ask for jason or amie. tell them you are from the boards and you want the hood. they will help you out

pb4ugoout said:
BTW, give dg motorsports a call. they have them on sale right now for 550 plus shipping without the intake package. the number is 760-433-8731. i spent almost 1000 about a month ago and got a lot more than just a hood. call them and ask for jason or amie. tell them you are from the boards and you want the hood. they will help you out

right on, i'll be doing that... soon as i get a little more money. just spent a couple paychecks on illuminas. i was looking around though and found some old posts where dgm was selling the whole thing (hood and intake) for pretty cheap. maybe by the time i save up (or get enough paid off on my credit card) they'll have a special for the intake and hood. seen some pics of the hood installed on a grey msp and it looks tiiite! shoots.

Question about this ram air hood thing. If it's rainning or snowing, would the intake suck up water and lock up the engine? Is there a way to like cover it when they don't want it to be ram air hood like for the winter season?

Here are some pics. Not an N/a setup though, but gives you an idea.

Attachments

• manifold3.JPG
    manifold3.JPG
    530.7 KB · Views: 711
  • Painted hood2.JPG
    Painted hood2.JPG
    405.5 KB · Views: 739
Back